Inspiron

Last reply by 02-12-2018 Solved
Start a Discussion
3 Argentum

Drivers download but never install

I logged in to Dell dot com, navigated to the support page, the page auto detected my Inspiron 17 5759 running Windows 10 64-bit, and I had it check for outdated drivers. 

The system found five that I needed. 

• I clicked "download and install all"
  • After 20 minutes of "download in progress" with 0% progress reflected, I cancelled the download.
  • I selected one driver, the AMD Radeon R5 M335/315 Driver, which downloaded in about 10 minutes. 
  • It's now been showing "Installation in Progress" for about a half-hour, with 0% still reflected in the progress bar. 

What would you suggest would be my best "next-step" to get these updated drivers installed? 

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
7 Thorium

@rhodesmk wrote:

I logged in to Dell dot com, navigated to the support page, the page auto detected my Inspiron 17 5759 running Windows 10 64-bit, and I had it check for outdated drivers. 

• After 20 minutes of "download in progress" with 0% progress reflected, I cancelled the download.
  • I selected one driver, the AMD Radeon R5 M335/315 Driver, which downloaded in about 10 minutes. 
  • It's now been showing "Installation in Progress" for about a half-hour, with 0% still reflected in the progress bar. 

What would you suggest would be my best "next-step" to get these updated drivers installed? 

I have never used the auto detect.

I go to the page for my laptop model. Select which OS version. Then download directly to my hard drive. Then click on the setup.exe file for the driver.

View solution in original post

Reply (1)
7 Thorium

@rhodesmk wrote:

I have never used the auto detect.

I go to the page for my laptop model. Select which OS version. Then download directly to my hard drive. Then click on the setup.exe file for the driver.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor