Highlighted
Peter BR
1 Copper

Error code 2000 0142 validation 11 4090

When I turn on the computer it doesn't boot it up. After the system diagnosis it popped this error. Is there any solution I could try before I spend money to fix it??IMG_20181217_215328547.jpg

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JOcean
5 Tungsten

Re: Error code 2000 0142 validation 11 4090

That error means the hard drive has failed or is failing. If you have already run diagnostics and got this error only a drive replacement is in order. But if you are going to replace the hard drive, why not consider a solid state drive. And SSD would  increase system performance noticeably. If you post the model number of your computer, it can be determined what kind of drives are compatible with your system.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS Z170K i5 6600
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
0 Kudos
integrity164
1 Copper

Hi, I'm a different user but I'm getting the same error code. I have an inspiron 5559. Im

0 Kudos
nyc10036
4 Tellurium

@integrity164 wrote:

Hi, I'm a different user but I'm getting the same error code. I have an inspiron 5559. Im

Different user doesn't change the meaning of the error code

0 Kudos

Thank you for your message. As the experts here mentioned, the error is due to a hard drive failure & the only option to fix this is by replacing the drive.

What is the system model in question here?

If the system is under warranty I can help you with the part replacement.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos