Robby Bobson
1 Copper

Re: FPS keeps fluctuating DELL 7577

Happening in quake champions btw, will test other games now to see if it's the same.

0 Kudos
Rothariger
1 Copper

any news about this, keep having the same issues... Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Anruby
1 Copper

Same problem, G5 5587, 3 months after purchase...
0 Kudos
gilbert3333
1 Nickel

Listen its prob this issue. I have had many issues with this POS. They all seem to go back to thermal issues caused by BIOS. Dell doesn't know how to make a laptop as usual.

Anyway set your "maximum processor state" in power options to 99%. This fixes most issues and causes another. 

Now you wont have any therm issues. Now you'll be running at 2.1 GHz instead of 4.1 GHz because 99% turns off turbo boost. So enjoy reduced frames at speeds far below what you paid for just because dell as usual doesn't know what they are doing. it took me 15 years to buy another dell after I bought a another POS dell laptop 15 years ago. LAST TIME I DO THAT! 

0 Kudos
Skygam
1 Copper

Yep I've been having this problem particularly in bfv, for me it's def throttling. I play with someone who has an Alienware laptop who has none of theseissues I really wish I had gone that root now...

0 Kudos
BellD
1 Nickel

I'm impressed that noone from dell support is reading or answering here.

I have the same exact issue : impossible to play battlefront 2 with 10-15 fps on sector. I have reinstalled windows, everything is uptodate but no, doesn't work. Will never buy dell again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Antae
1 Copper

Well, I have came across this solution too (although I have to turn my maximum processor state to 87%), but I can still squeeze 50 to 60 fps on games like PUBG or Apex legends with rare moments of it dropping to 40 fps. I am just happy there are no more sudden fps drops that ruin the whole gameplay. If anyone else is experiencing performance drops due to GPU spikes, just try to adjust "maximum processor state" until your GPU usage during gameplay only comes close to 100% or reaches 100% but does not drop your fps. You can find this option by typing "Edit power plan" in the search bar, from there you should click on "Change advanced power settings" and then find "Processor power management". Just try to find what works best for you (like I said, mine was 87%). It may be not the best solution and it is possible that you will drop a few frames, but it is still better than nothing Smiley Happy. I also undervolted my CPU (i5 7300HQ) to -130mV, but this may not be necessary. Well, good luck, hope it fixes your problem, any feedback would be awesome! Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
ZePhsY
1 Copper

did u solve the problem regarding the fps drop while gaming? i have the same laptop and have the same problem u have...
0 Kudos
itachi saitama
1 Copper

change the fan & heat sink leads to not drop fps anymore.
0 Kudos
VyshakTP
1 Copper

I solved my problem by disabling turbo boost and underclocking with throttlestop app. Google it . Changing maximum processor rate to 99 or below didnt actually disable my turbo boost.
0 Kudos