Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

8 Posts

March 26th, 2020 13:00

Fan Trouble Inspiration 5000

I purchased a new Dell Inspiration 15 5000 about 3 months ago. Last week i started to hear a loud fan noise coming from the laptop. I emailed Dell and they asked me to what messures i had taken to check what the problem was caused by, i said i hadn't taken any action (i'm not a tech kind of guy.) They asked me to run a diagnostics test and do a BIOS download. But before i did those they sent me an email stating that "From what you have done and from the information you have provided, it appears that the issue is caused by multiple faulty parts inside your system. Since your system has an active Collect and Return Repair Service contract, we will need to send in the system to one of our Repair Centers for repair. The system will be brought to our repair facility where our technicians will test the system in detail and replace any defective hardware needed to fix the problem. The system will be collected and will be delivered back after 10 BUSINESS days. All costs for pickup/delivery and repair are covered by Dell Service (warranty). Would you like me to go ahead and book for the collection? I did what they asked me to do (Run Diagnostic and download BIOS) and the all the results came back ok, but the fan issue is still a problem. its still running and very loud. So obviously from the Dell email they already knew that the laptop had multiple faulty parts inside. I was wondering i'm I entitled to a New laptop? Do i have to accept their offer to replace the faulty parts? Regards, A.

• 

25.1K Posts

March 27th, 2020 07:00

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

8 Posts

May 24th, 2020 12:00

As you probably know at this stage i have made contact with the Dell Resolution support (without a satisfactory Resolution) and i have been in contact with DELL customer relations (UK) who told me to send a letter, yes a letter??? to the Dell headquarters in Dublin with my issue, which i did, via registered mail, but never got a reply. since then i have been having more problems with the laptop.Some of the keys are sticking,, so when entering a password or typing a letter you end up getting repeated letters ttttttttttttttt a pain in the necck. I am now, unfortunately in the process of taking my complaint to the Small Claims Court. Its sad really that i have to go to these lengths, to have my faulty laptop replaced. very disappointed with Dell.

146 Posts

May 24th, 2020 18:00

You should buy the replacement parts you need and take it to the repair shop to see what the problem is. If you send it back to Dell for repair, it will incur more costs in the middle.

• 

25.1K Posts

June 4th, 2020 14:00

Welcome to Dell Social Media Support for Technical and Post Sales queries.

Please Direct/Private Message the Service Tag / Express Service code / Order Number in the text format for which you need assistance.
Refer the below link to find the Service Tag: 
dell.to/2KwgYVt

No Events found!