Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

1 Message

August 25th, 2020 21:00

Forgot password administrator no backup disc and no usb

For the life of me I can’t log into this computer of mine. I’ve purchased several discs on amazon for password reset but this is my 3rd disc and I also purchased a usb password reset key that didn’t work I’ve tried all the F keys I’ve tried the shift key and reset computer and nothing happens it just goes back to the same screen I’ve been looking at the main administrator enter password screen and nothing working. Help!!!

5.6K Posts

August 26th, 2020 07:00

If it is BIOS or hard drive password, you are out of luck.

1.5K Posts

August 26th, 2020 08:00

I believe Dell has a way but you'll have to deal with tech support and verify that you are the owner. if its a hard drive password or windows password you'll have to attempt to clean the disk with DiskPart on another computer, if not then replace it.

1 Message

September 13th, 2020 19:00

You can unplug the hard disk and connect it to a second computer, then backup all your important data. Resetting the password may cause you lose access to the EFS protected files. Have you tried Offline NT Password & Registry Editor, PCUnlocker or Kon-Boot? If you're good at command prompt, you can use the well-known sticky keys method to unlock the system.

No Events found!