Hunting1984
1 Copper

Forgot password administrator no backup disc and no usb

For the life of me I can’t log into this computer of mine. I’ve purchased several discs on amazon for password reset but this is my 3rd disc and I also purchased a usb password reset key that didn’t work I’ve tried all the F keys I’ve tried the shift key and reset computer and nothing happens it just goes back to the same screen I’ve been looking at the main administrator enter password screen and nothing working. Help!!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nyc10036
5 Iridium

Re: Forgot password administrator no backup disc and no usb

If it is BIOS or hard drive password, you are out of luck.

0 Kudos
Clintlgm
4 Beryllium

I believe Dell has a way but you'll have to deal with tech support and verify that you are the owner. if its a hard drive password or windows password you'll have to attempt to clean the disk with DiskPart on another computer, if not then replace it.

- Please kudos posts you like!
- Please "Accept as Solution" posts that are a solution.

Inspiron 13 -7386
16GB RAM
Samxung 970 Evo 1TB SSD 2nd SSD 512 GB Hynix

Precision 3440 SFF CTO BASE, VIntel Xeon W-1250 (6 Core, 12M cache, base 3.3GHz, up to 4.7GHz) 16GB 2X8GB DDR4 2666MHz or 2933MHz (2933MHz requires Intel Core i7 or above) UDIMM Non-ECC Memory Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
0 Kudos
Ron0v9
1 Copper

You can unplug the hard disk and connect it to a second computer, then backup all your important data. Resetting the password may cause you lose access to the EFS protected files. Have you tried Offline NT Password & Registry Editor, PCUnlocker or Kon-Boot? If you're good at command prompt, you can use the well-known sticky keys method to unlock the system.

0 Kudos