Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

C

1 Message

May 17th, 2023 15:00

Freeze on Dell logo

Hello, my computer was broken before. At the service, it was said that there was a video card chipset failure and it was reballed. Now I had the same problem again and the computer would not turn on, when the adapter was connected the light of the adapter was off. Later, when I gave it to the service again, I told them not to fix it when they found out that the problem was a chipset fault again.

But whatever they did, now the computer is working but Windows won't boot. The Dell logo appears on the screen, the spinning dots appear on the screen, after turning for a while, it freezes. When I turn it off and on, sometimes the preparing for automatic repair screen comes up and the spinning dots freeze in the same way. I can access the bios. When I look in the bios, the video card is not visible. The service already said it was a video card chipset failure. I think they canceled it, I don't know. I prepared a USB format disk, but after the Windows logo appears there, the same spinning dots appear and after a while the dots freeze. I did the tests in the Diagnostics section, there is no problem with the hardware.

I tried to install Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux Mint, I reset the bios to factory settings, I reset the cmos, but they all have the same problem, it does not open, it freezes. In Linux, after saying install, it stays on the black screen. I tried removing the ssd and booting with only usb, tried booting with the hdd installed with Win 8.1, tried another empty hdd, it didn't work. I tried a ram that I'm not sure if it works, but this time the pc didn't boot at all, so I think the current installed ram is solid. As I already said, there is no error according to Diagnostics.

I want to use computer with onboard video card. What is the problem, is it directly related to the hardware? I'm open to other solutions.

donma.jpeg

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

May 18th, 2023 06:00

You may need to force restart your laptop once (press and hold the power button for 3 seconds) and then press F12 repeatedly as soon as you get to the logo screen.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

May 18th, 2023 08:00

If you have not run a complete system diagnostic (F12 at powerup), that's the next step.  
Does the hard drive or SSD pass the diagnostics?  No:  replace the drive.

If the drive does pass diagnostics and there are no other errors (memory, etc.), replace the system board.

No Events found!