Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

2 Posts

July 10th, 2020 13:00

G7 15 7590 has alot of problems since i bought it

I bought the dell g7 last year as a way to play games when i am not at home. For the for week or 2 it was great, no lag or overheating. But after that i am experiencing bsods and overheating issues. Not only that but when i am playing a game i have major fps drops! I have not used this laptop in months but i really want to get more use out of it.

this post is what i am relating too but no one has helped

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/G7-15-7588-lagging-game-and-again-running-smoothly/td-p/6187653 

108 Posts

July 10th, 2020 14:00

2 Posts

November 11th, 2021 13:00

Yeah a year later and it still is awful but what can you do. I undervolted and it helped slighty (thanks for that) and also downloaded throttlestop which has helped alot. If you still have anything else please let me know.

5 Posts

November 17th, 2021 13:00

I bought this laptop about three years ago, I want to say. About 2 months after buying it, the 2 TB hard drive stopped working. I wasn't worried because I had externals, but now those are starting to go and I need the hard drive to work. It will detect it, because when the laptop boots up, it shows that it's repairing the drive, but when the counter reaches 100%, the only drive that shows up is my C: drive. I messed around with the disk partition manager and bios to try and fix it, but to no avail. I'm about ready to just replace it, but I figured I'd come here first to see if there was anything I missed.20211117_150819.jpg

No Events found!