Start a Conversation

Unsolved

EB

9 Posts

June 14th, 2019 03:00

G7 7590 DPC latency

Incredible.

I chatted with dell before buying asking if they know about any DPC latency issues in the 7590. I said I won't buy it if it has such thing.

They say no issues at all. They say it was the "old"? 7588.

I buy the computer.

I travel overseas for work.

I check latency. Skyrocketing ACPI.SYS (hint: power management) issue, just like in the XPS.

I call support. According to some agent "works fine but I am unhappy with the performance"

I have a new paperweight. Useless for a performing musician on the road.

Really, Dell? Is it that out of your aim to fix your own mistakes. 20 yr old laptops do this just fine. You even fixed it in the XPS lineup BIOS. Acknowledging issues is a big first step, tho.

June 14th, 2019 12:00

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
REPORTED ISRs
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 448,230710
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: ACPI.sys - ACPI Driver for NT, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0,003851
Driver with highest ISR total time: ACPI.sys - ACPI Driver for NT, Microsoft Corporation

REPORTED DPCs
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 2370,68750
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: ACPI.sys - ACPI Driver for NT, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0,105649
Driver with highest DPC total execution time: ndis.sys - Network Driver Interface Specification (NDIS), Microsoft Corporation

June 14th, 2019 18:00

After more than two hours on the phone... Dell just wants more money

They said I should buy a $180 extended warranty to even talk to a software expert.  DPC latency comes from bad hardware management through your BIOS.

BIOS is part of the motherboard! Not just some random thing or driver. It is even contained in a soldered chip in the hardware...

Thanks, Dell. Unhelpful and greedy as ever. The XPS DPC issues did not help them to be more attentive to this HUGE issue.

42 Posts

June 14th, 2019 21:00

i´m with you bro...

several months wayting for fix..my xps 15 is not ok yet for audio, even after the new bios

will sell mine when i can...

best luck for us

June 16th, 2019 03:00

Did you try to get support?

What was your experience? Mine was sad.

42 Posts

June 16th, 2019 17:00

Yes, I´ve tryed everything, check this out:

https://twitter.com/AzorFrank/status/1123196191368523777?s=20

And also the 40 page long topic about "audio crackling and poping"

Only thing I didn´t tried was to knock on Michael Dell´s door directly. If you do that and he can solves your laptop, or give your money back, let me know.

June 19th, 2019 23:00

This is sad, man. At least some willingness to acknowledge the issue and get it in the to do list for other than the XPS line, would give a small light of hope.

7 Posts

September 1st, 2019 05:00

Can be fixed with changing some of the driver settings to be less agressive. think network and audio drivers. also remove dell data vault which also uses unneeded bandwidth.

December 21st, 2020 07:00

Did you find any resolution as DELL want me to pay to speak to an expert to fix the issue with the Inspiron 7590 that it came directly from DELL with.

Disgusting treatment of a customer that's spent over a thousand pounds on a DELL paperweight.

My Latency Monitor results woth no programs running.

IMG_20201218_104854.jpg

January 11th, 2021 11:00

DELL won't accept the issue. 

Taken my money and sold me something unfit for purpose. 

Warranty not worth anything. 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 11th, 2021 09:00

See this =

Capture.JPG

* The PC should have the latest BIOS and Intel Chipset Device Software driver already installed
* Go here and enter your PC service tag number
* Click Search
* Click DRIVERS & DOWNLOADS
* Save the latest BIOS and Intel Chipset Device Software drivers to your Windows desktop
* Once both are saved to the Windows desktop, close all browsers
* Right click each one and Run as administrator. Install the BIOS first, then restart. Then install the Intel Chipset Device, then restart

* Right click the Start menu button and select Control Panel
* Under Programs, select Uninstall a program
* In the list of programs, locate and select Dell SupportAssist
* At the top of the window, select Uninstall
* When done, look for Dell SupportAssist Agent, Dell SupportAssist Update Plugin, and Dell SupportAssist Remediation. If found, select Uninstall
* When done, restart the PC and test audio software

No Events found!