Highlighted
2 Bronze

Gaming with dell inspiron 15 5570

I mostly play games like dota 2, cs-go and many more in a low graphic state, then for some reason 2 days ago, While i'm playing dota 2, in game my screen just went white and black then it went to my background with the cursor of the game, i can still hear the sounds, its like the game is there but cant be seen, I had to like use the task manager to end the task, and also it affects my other apps like discord, the app went black, so I have to exit discord and reopen it again . I deleted the game, steam, I restarted updated my bios, did a command prompt scan (sfc /scannow) and many more, still nothing showed up, it says drivers are up-to date and so i don't know what else to do, does my graphic card have problems? please help, i bought this laptop 2 years ago the warranty is expired last year.
3 Replies
Highlighted
3 Cadmium

Re: Gaming with dell inspiron 15 5570

Was there any recent hardware or software changes?

Please run the on-board Dell Diagnostics <F12> and capture any error code or message.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

No there is no recent hardware or software changes, after these things happen, I was told to update my bios, drivers and etc... I also did the diagnostics at startup the only problem was battery. I followed the instructions given to me here in the community, but nothings works. I was thinking that my graphics card overheated, but when I did a diagnostic test here in this website, it passed, knowing that the battery only has a problem. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

I have the same issues. Havent found any solutions yet. Please let me know if you've found any. For me, the games work alright on battery(barring audio tearing). So, I assume its the GPU issue. It worked well before an update but Im not 100% sure about it. Cant play DOTA or CS Go without the Laptop crashing about 5-6 times mid game.

0 Kudos