Commencer une nouvelle conversation

Non résolu

T

9  messages

18 mars 2021 04:00

Garantie Pièce de rechange/Devis de réparation pour un produit sous garantie

Je vous écris à propos de mon écran Dell UltraSharp U2720Q. L'écran est toujours sous garantie et jusqu'à 2023. L'écran a subit un choc à priori ce qui m'a emmené à contacter le fameux support Dell de France, qui n'est pas en France il me semble.  1- Pas de contact direct avec un support à l'image de Dell (numéro surtaxé, un répondeur automatique, et parfois le service souhaité n'est pas joignable et me renvois vers le site web) 2- Un support par chat ! des "experts" qui font les diagnostic par chat. 3- Garantie qui ne garantie rien. 4- Pas de mail de contact de ce support en 2021. Pas d'atelier Dell en France en 2021. Problème: J'ai accepté le diagnostic de l'expert qui a jugé à distance (par chat) que l'écran a subit un choc et que que la garantie ne prend pas en charge ce genre de problème. Mais, normalement, la  garantie assure la fourniture ou le remplacement des pièces en cas de problème d'un produit en garantie. Ou au moins me faire un devis de réparation. Le service qui s'occupe de ce genre de situation n'existe plus, il me semble, mais je pose la question quand même : comment contacter ce service ? Est ce que vraiment la garantie assure la fourniture de pièces de rechange la période de garantie ?

• 

25.1K  messages

18 mars 2021 04:00

Hi,I see you’re looking for technical assistance. If you require our help, you could initiate a private/direct message along with the service tag with us, and we’d be glad to assist you. 

10 Elder

• 

23.2K  messages

18 mars 2021 05:00

Dell does not repair monitors - if they fail under warranty, they are replaced with refurbished units.

The only issue is your use of the word "shock".  If the failure is a cracked screen, that is not covered by warranty - so if the shock was physical and led to a broken panel, you will be buying a new monitor out of your own pocket.

9  messages

24 mars 2021 03:00

Thank you for your answer. I confirm that the screen has suffered a shock, I can identify it at the top of the screen.I just want to replace the cracked screen by a new or used lcd panel (buy the module with my own funds). The warranty does not at least ensure the supply of parts?

9  messages

24 mars 2021 03:00

Thank you for your answer.That's the after sales service I'm looking for that answers at least my questions.I confirm that the screen has suffered a shock. I just want to replace the lcd module even with a supplement with my own funds.I hope the warranty to ensure at least the supply of screen parts. (Service tag sent privately)

10 Elder

• 

23.2K  messages

24 mars 2021 04:00

It's unlikely to be repairable -- even if you can find a replacement screen, it's very common for monitors to have the screens fixed in place with adhesive.  They're just not designed to be repaired.  Couple that with the fact that the panel is by far the most expensive part of the monitor, add the labor cost and it makes no economic sense -- it'll cost less to replace the monitor than repair it.

9  messages

So, in this case, buying a warranty is useless for a manufacturing problem, no more ? we pay the manufacturer for these errors.

10 Elder

• 

23.2K  messages

As I noted above, Dell does not repair monitors - they are replaced if they fail.  

If you want to attempt a repair, you're going to need to open up the system and assess the situation to see just how difficult it will be to remove and replace the panel.  If it's glued in, I'd say forget it.  If not, use the LCD panel's part number to see if you can find a replacement. However, bear in mind that unlike notebook panels, monitor replacement panels are not generally offered to end users (sellers know the potential for damage upon installation is high, so even if you find one, use extreme care installing it -- and there's almost never a breakage warranty on any part you might purchase).

9  messages

us.jpg

10 Elder

• 

23.2K  messages

If you're talking about the LCD panel you might purchase, it would likely have no warranty against damage (neither does the monitor).

Monitor warranties cover the possibility of a failure in electronics -- they don't cover damaged screens either way. 

Monitors (and LCD televisions) are essentially destroyed if the panel cracks -- with well over 50% of the cost of the device being the panel, and with their not being designed for repair, the economics of even trying becomes questionable.

9  messages

When i talk about repair, i mean replacing the lcd panel (i will do it myself). I think when we talk about warranty, at least, Dell should provide a way to provide product parts at least the warranty time. Dell can make a little effort at least to get the part (new or used) with a reasonable price.

9  messages

24 mars 2021 05:00

Monitor warranties cover the possibility of a failure in electronics. they don't cover damaged screens either way ? Did you see this information in Terms of Sale, Service Contracts and Warranties ? Could you send me a link, please ?

10 Elder

• 

23.2K  messages

You cannot.  Dell does not repair monitors -- nor does Dell manufacture monitors.  The internal parts are made by one of a few very large LCD manufacturers (AUO, Sharp, Samsung, LG, etc.).  Use the label on the panel to search for a repair part -- but be advised monitor panels are not widely sold as separate parts.  You may find it impossible to repair the monitor, which is what I've been repeating again and again, but I guess there's no substitute for seeing for yourself.

9  messages

This is the question, how/ where to purchase an LCD panel from Dell?

9  messages

24 mars 2021 06:00

I got it, thank you for your help.

Aucun événement trouvé !