Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

4 Posts

August 13th, 2022 16:00

Hard Drive - not installed BIOS error when going in or out of sleep mode

I have this "hard drive - not installed" error on a brand new Inspiron 16 - 7620 2-in-1 Laptop but not when booting the laptop, only sometimes when going in or out of sleep mode, See image: https://photos.app.goo.gl/twdtirr7QYnXcMcp7  and video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/PD2qDw2DgNcNYR9P6 

Since the default 512gb drive supplied was too small, I upgraded it for a brand new 1tb M.2 and installed windows 11 from scratch on it. I had to load the Intel Rapid Storage drivers during the windows install otherwise my drive was not detected. All the latest updates are installed and dell support assist is installed as well. BIOS is the latest 1.40 version as well. All tests and diagnostics from Dell show no problems whatsoever.

I've searched this problem and it seems others are having this problem when booting the laptop, but this is not my case. Laptop boots and runs just fine. I only have this problem once or twice a day and it seems it's happening when the laptop automatically gets into sleep mode or hibernation mode. 

I just changed the hard drive settings in advanced power management to "never sleep" to try to solve this issue, but I'm sure there is a better way to handle this.

Any advice would be much appreciated

thanks

Christian 

4 Posts

August 28th, 2022 02:00

Anyone please ? 

12 Posts

August 28th, 2022 04:00

I have a very different symptom, but also big pblems with sleep/hibernate on my 7620. Apparently something is absolutely going wrong there.

591 Posts

August 28th, 2022 07:00

Hello,

You can go this page and fill in the form  also try going into the bios and check if your harrdrive is detected there.

Since you opend the laptop yourself ? check if all connections are properly connected also did you take precautions against ESD while working inside the laptop ?.

4 Posts

September 17th, 2022 17:00

Unfortunately still no solution to this day. Called the Dell technical support and they could not find the solution either. Yes my drive is detected in BIOS and all drive tests are passing just fine. Look like we are going to have to change the drive and see if that solves the problem. 

If anyone has had any luck fixing this issue, please let me know how.

thanks

Christian 

591 Posts

September 21st, 2022 11:00

Hello,

In the bios (F2 at the dell logo) make sure:

1. In the general tab the date and the time is correct.
  2. in the system configuration tab => sata operation the correct setting is selected

Also that beeps in your video are suspicious  what is the led that the status of the laptop battery indicates doing ? is it flashing in a certain pattern ?

591 Posts

September 22nd, 2022 11:00

Hello,

this is worth a read it's about beepcodes on dell laptops.

No Events found!