Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

February 4th, 2018 09:00

Headphone Jack Not Working on Dell Inspiron 5570

I'm currently using the "Realtek Audio" driver, which works fine with my speakers but doesn't recognize my headphones plugged in or even display them in "Playback Devices".

I have tried using another driver called "High Definition Audio Device" which works with both my speakers and my headphones, but I'm quite unsure whether it is better to use this one as it's not the default driver, rather another one, It is digitally signed though (both are).

I would like to know whether it is safe and doesn't affect audio quality and also know if this issue is one that only I'm facing, if not, when will Dell update its drivers so I can use the "Realtek Audio" driver.

Thank you so much.

1 Message

February 10th, 2018 11:00

I have the exact same problem with my newly purchased Inspiron. HD audio allowed my Logitech speakers to work, but whenever I start a song/video the speakers produce a thud. The problem is surely because of the driver as all my other devices work flawlessly with the speakers. 

When will we get a driver update?

February 12th, 2018 10:00

Don't really know when they'll release an update, but I'm definitely hoping they quickly act upon this as it's only a Windows 10 problem, it doesn't occur in Ubuntu which I've used successfully without an issue, except for its difficulty.

Thanks for contributing to this post, have a nice day.

1 Message

December 15th, 2019 06:00

My laptop was not detecting headphones or earplugs after a window update. It would work if the headphone or earplug is already connected when starting up. these two solutions worked for me:

1: disable realtek driver and enable it again . this asks to restart computer sometimes.

2: enable waves max audio service in task manager > startup . 

1 Message

February 12th, 2021 19:00

Thank you Karan. I had the same problem with my Inspiron 5570. My didn't detect the device on its audio jack and just did it one time when it was connected and I was turning on my laptop. Then when I took off the speaker or headset jack the laptop speaker played the sound but once I plugged in the jack the sound was not transferred to the external speaker. Also, with the headset the mic was not working. I did this two things:

1- Downloaded and installed the updated software from:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us?app=drivers

2- Enabled Wave from task manager>startup 

Problems solved!

No Events found!