Highlighted
Chadfield93
1 Copper

Headphones jack not working

Hi there!

I keep having the same issue with my headphone jack. Whenever I plug headphones into the jack, they are not recognised and sound continues coming through the speakers. I've tried several different pairs of headphones, so this is definitely an issue with the laptop.

I uninstalled the audio drivers and reinstalled them. This seems to work sometimes, but the problem reoccurs every time I restart my laptop.

Please help!

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series User.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
fireberd
6 Indium

Re: Headphones jack not working

There are many different 5000 series models.  What is the exact model?  Also what OS?

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
Chadfield93
1 Copper

I think it's P75F? 

OS Windows 10

😀

0 Kudos
fireberd
6 Indium

P75F is not the model number.  It would be a 4 digit number such as I have a 5577 model.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
Chadfield93
1 Copper

Oh, sorry! It's a 5570.

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Germanium

Are you getting a popup when you plug in the headset?

If not, check the Task Manager and see if any Startup items related to audio are disabled.

Then see if you can open the Waves User interface, either from the hidden icons on the Taskbar or the apps listing and MaxxAudioPro and look at the Advanced menu to see if the popup is enabled or use the interface to select the headset, if it shows available.

When I uninstall and reinstall drivers, I download the preferred driver and then go offline until the new driver is in place.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos