Highlighted
2 Bronze

Heat

So,ive had this dell inspiron 5577 (i5-7300HQ) laptop for about 4 months now and all ive had was problems with it. first,none of the windows updates were there. it was in storage for a long time so i had to get those updated. then,there was a bunch of driver updates i thought got installed with the windows updates but didnt. then there was the terrible HDD that kept freezing up and slowing down the laptop and there were game crashes and stuff. but i got the RAM upgraded to 12 GB and got an SSD Hard Drive and i thought finally,im gonna have no problems with it now. but now,ive noticed in the back part of it gets really hot during gaming. ive gotten different answers from tech guys at places like office depot,best buy,etc. the guy at office depot said no matter what,the laptop will get hot and a cooling pad wont help much (hes also the one that installed the RAM and SSD) the guys at best buy said as long as the actual keys on the keyboard arent getting hot and as long as the computer doesnt shut down from overheating,it shouldnt be an issue. and that a better laptop cooler will help a good bit. i have a habit of worrying about this especially because i spent alot of money on this laptop. i got a new laptop cooler today which has 6 fans that go up to 2000 RPM but the laptop still feels hot in the back and somewhat hotter in the back and bottom than just with the older one i have with 2 fans. and when i put my whole hand on the keyboard,it feels pretty hot too. even when im just feeling the keys some of them feel warm,which the guys at best buy said was a bit worrying if that was the case. i didnt think it was until i felt it more and some of them do feel warm. i know its a gaming laptop so its going to get hot no matter what i do but i just want some straight answers of what about all this is normal and  whats not. and how do i fix the issues that arent normal. sorry this is such a long post. thanks! (PS: please try and give your answers in simpler terms,im new to gaming PCs,and laptops in general)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Heat

If the middle of the keyboard towards the top is hot then that is normal. That is where the graphics chip and processor are located. These are thin laptops with powerful chips in them so heat is normal compared to a non gaming laptop.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

but what about the back of the laptop? the vents are there and the guys i talked to explained the vents are there and it could just be the heat building up but it just seems kinda strange. the laptop also heats more while its charging

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

It's not a gaming laptop and if you are playing heavy games(who usages heavy resources CPU & GPU) then heating is obvious. What you can do is use an external cooling pad while you play game on that laptop. You can also follow this guide to Cool down your laptop

Make sure you play game with power input is ON, otherwise it will drain your battery in minutes.

0 Kudos