LH0865
1 Copper

Help Installing New SSHD-N5050

Hello I have physically installed a New Seagate ST2000LX001 hard drive in my N-5050. I can not find my original Dell Recovery Disk. I installed the new drive due to failure of old drive so could not created one. I tried to use the dell recovery to create one(form another device). When entering my service tag info dell states I am out of warranty, therefore not available... Not sure what to do next. I don't have a problem purchasing something needed but I don't know what to get??? I do have my windows 7 product key. Your help would be much appreciated.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JOcean
4 Ruthenium

Re: Help Installing New SSHD-N5050

Have you tried this Dell support page?

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln299044/how-to-download-and-use-the-dell-os-recovery...

https://www.dell.com/community/Windows-General/Download-Windows-7-No-disk-but-have-product-key/td-p/...

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS B450-F Gaming with Ryzen 5 2600X
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
0 Kudos
LH0865
1 Copper

I will look at it now. Thanks
0 Kudos
LH0865
1 Copper

The Dell Download Recovery Tool say there isn't an OS  image.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you for your message. I see that the system is shipped with Windows 7. There is no more official image of Windows 7 available with Dell & Microsoft. The system is out of warranty.

You can reinstall the OS only if you have created a recovery drive.

Thanks, 

Sreejith 

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos