Highlighted
bjm_
1 Nickel

How to drain residual electricity with non-removable battery?

Jump to solution

Hi'

How may I drain residual electricity from new device with non-removable battery.  I used to be able to remove pwr brick cord and remove battery and then press n' hold pwr button to drain residual electricity from device.

How may I drain residual electricity from new device with non-removable battery. 

Does information posted elsewhere for non DELL device apply to my DELL.

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Unplug the computer from the wall socket.
  3. If the battery is removable, Remove the battery and hold the Power button down for 15 seconds.
  4. If the battery is non-removable, while the computer is ON, hold the power button down and wait for the computer to shut down and still hold the power button down for another 15 seconds.
  5. Turn the computer ON and check.

Um, is #4 safe okay practice now on new(er) machines.   

.... it’s now perfectly safe to shut down with the power button.
https://www.howtogeek.com/181295/yes-its-okay-to-shut-down-your-computer-with-the-power-button/

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bjm_
1 Nickel

Re: How to drain residual electricity with non-removable battery?

Jump to solution

png_158.png

Yes, I read Dell Inspiron Service Manual re battery removal.

So the answer to my Topic: How to drain residual electricity with non-removable battery?
https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/How-to-drain-residual-electricity-with-non-removable-battery...

3. If the battery is removable, Remove the battery and hold the Power button down for 60 seconds.
  4. If the battery is non-removable, while the computer is ON, hold the power button down and wait for the computer to shut down and still hold the power button down for another 60 seconds.

Um, why reply to me in private.  Why not post your information answer to my Topic in public for all Community members.   

Thanks

3 Replies

Jump to solution

bjm,

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos
bjm_
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

png_158.png

Yes, I read Dell Inspiron Service Manual re battery removal.

So the answer to my Topic: How to drain residual electricity with non-removable battery?
https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/How-to-drain-residual-electricity-with-non-removable-battery...

3. If the battery is removable, Remove the battery and hold the Power button down for 60 seconds.
  4. If the battery is non-removable, while the computer is ON, hold the power button down and wait for the computer to shut down and still hold the power button down for another 60 seconds.

Um, why reply to me in private.  Why not post your information answer to my Topic in public for all Community members.   

Thanks

U2CAMEB4ME
3 Argentium

Jump to solution
@bjm_ wrote:

Thanks

Very well said.

Best regards,

U2

Microsoft Registered Refurbisher
Microsoft Registered Partner
Windows Operating System lifecycle fact sheet
Lifecycle begins when released and ends when no longer supported
0 Kudos