Start a Conversation

Unsolved

August 10th, 2023 23:17

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 4th, 2018 19:00

Please list Dell model number and version of windows. Example; Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10

In the meantime, you're able to boot into windows?

Page Fault In Non Paged Area:

This stop code means the system tried to access a nonexistent piece of memory, almost always due to:

• A driver trying to access a page of memory that is not present
  • A system service (ex. virus scanner) failing in an exceptional way
  • Faulty or incorrectly seated memory
  • Corrupted data on the hard drive

Use the Windows Debugger to pinpoint the exact cause of these errors.

Things to check

1. If the Blue Screen error mentions a driver or library file, figure out what driver or program the file is a part of and either upgrade to the latest version or uninstall the driver or program.
  2. If the error happens during the startup process, try booting to the Last Known Good Configuration.
  3. If the error started appearing after a program or driver was installed, uninstall that program or driver.
  4. Try running a full hard drive and memory diagnostic after reseating the memory and hard drive data cables.

2 Posts

February 4th, 2018 19:00

Dell Inspiron 15 1500 Series. Windows 7.

I am on the display where it shows to enter Safe Mode.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 4th, 2018 20:00

I believe you're in the Advanced Startup option (F8 key).Try Safe mode With Networking. You could type System Restore [or type rstrui.exe into the Command Prompt (admin)] into the search box. The tool should bring the system back to an earlier time before the error code occurred. You could also try Last Known Good Configuration (advanced)

• Safe Mode with Networking. Starts Windows in safe mode and includes the network drivers and services needed to access the Internet or other computers on your network.
  • Safe Mode with Command Prompt. Starts Windows in safe mode with a command prompt window instead of the usual Windows interface. This option is intended for IT professionals and administrators.
  • Enable Boot Logging. Creates a file, ntbtlog.txt, that lists all the drivers that are installed during startup and that might be useful for advanced troubleshooting.
  • Enable low-resolution video (640×480). Starts Windows using your current video driver and using low resolution and refresh rate settings. You can use this mode to reset your display settings. For more information, see Change your screen resolution.
  • Last Known Good Configuration (advanced). Starts Windows with the last registry and driver configuration that worked successfully.
  • Directory Services Restore Mode. Starts Windows domain controller running Active Directory so that the directory service can be restored. This option is intended for IT professionals and administrators.
  • Debugging Mode. Starts Windows in an advanced troubleshooting mode intended for IT professionals and system administrators.
  • Disable automatic restart on system failure. Prevents Windows from automatically restarting if an error causes Windows to fail. Choose this option only if Windows is stuck in a loop where Windows fails, attempts to restart, and fails again repeatedly.
  • Disable Driver Signature Enforcement. Allows drivers containing improper signatures to be installed.
  • Start Windows Normally. Starts Windows in its normal mode.

2 Posts

I tried both of those options and it is still not fixed. Should I take it to a professional?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 5th, 2018 07:00

Please run offline diagnostic to check the hard drive and Memory by following the steps below. 

1. Power off system. Remove all peripherals except AC adapter.

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping F12 key continuously until you see Preparing one time boot menu in the top right corner of the screen. In the boot menu, stroll down to Diagnostic and then click on it.  Report back any error code.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 5th, 2018 08:00

"Should I take it to a professional "

Before bringing the computer to a professional,I'd suggest you do all the troubleshooting that could be done unless there's still warranty on the system.

Warranty Status | Dell US

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 6th, 2018 09:00

Any updates Huiezzy ? :BigSmile:

No Events found!