Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 3rd, 2020 02:00

How to prevent automatic updates for Dell laptops?

I have been using the Dell G5 V5590A P88F001 laptop for 2 years, recently I find it quite slow, I work as a designer and have a lot of important documents, but due to the nature of the work that compels me to I must have to work fast or I get a pay cut, so I want to ask: "Should I reinstall Windows or buy a new computer?" Can someone help me?

More metrics for unknown people:

Chip Intel Core i7 10510U 1.80Ghz Up to 4.90Ghz-8Mb

RAM 8GB

SSD NVMe 256GB

7 Posts

June 7th, 2020 20:00

and I would like to ask, if I still have this computer, can I make good use of the ringtones generator? This is just a question that arises. 

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

June 8th, 2020 03:00

Welcome to the Dell Community @KaiZon123 

Here are a few things you can try to increase system performance!!!

1. In “System Properties” set  Performance to  “Adjust for Best Performance”
  2. Then adjust “Virtual Memory” as needed.  “More is better but it uses Hard Drive space”
  3. Reboot.
  4. Do a “Disk Cleanup”
  5. Then a “Disk Defragmentation” (Skip if SSD is installed)
  6. Open an Administrative Command Prompt and Run chkdsk c:/f    “Yes to run after reboot”
  7. Reboot.

Best regards,

U2

7 Posts

June 8th, 2020 19:00

thanks

So, with your suggestion, can I download the ringtone creation software that I asked in the answer above? Apart from designing, I also do web development. Just ringtones as simple as ringtones at , because I want to create a ringtone website and I want a good device.

7 Posts

June 14th, 2020 18:00

I have consulted the machine you recommend, it's good for both ad ringtones  and videos.

7 Posts

July 5th, 2020 23:00

This is the site - RingtonesCloud I want to manage using the computer I have.

No Events found!