Learning_More
1 Copper

How to switch from intel hd 530 to geforce gts 960m on inspiron gaming 15-7559?

Hi, I bought dell inspiron gamining 15-7559 for my kid. This laptop had SSD card. Last week, this SSD card was crashed and I bought new one. I installed win10 and all drivers needed for this laptop. This laptop has intel hd 530  and nvidia geforce gts 960m graphics. My kid want to play game and want to use gts 960m graphics but I checked the display properties alway intel hd 530 not gts 960m. I tried to go the bios to check if there are option that disable intel hd 530 onboard or switch to gts 960m but it doesn't have. Can someone help me how to switch from intel hd 530 to gts 960m? Thanks

Learning_More

0 Kudos
1 Reply
8 Krypton

Re: How to switch from intel hd 530 to geforce gts 960m on inspiron gaming 15-7559?

You don't have to force a switch.  The Intel GPU is always active, but when Windows and the graphics drivers detect that you're running an application that can benefit from the extra horsepower of the GeForce GPU, then it will be activated as a render-only device that will pass completed video frames to the Intel GPU for final output to your displays.  If you find the GeForce GPU isn't activating, you can right-click an application shortcut and select "Run on graphics processor", but that shouldn't be necessary.  You can of course experiment with it, though.  If you see a significant frame rate increase when manually choosing the GeForce GPU that way, then automatic detection isn't working.  If you don't see a VERY noticeable difference, then automatic detection is working and you don't need to do that.

0 Kudos