Inspiron

Last reply by 01-29-2022 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
1 Copper
1 Copper

How to upgrade dell inspiron 15 5559 ram

I would like to upgrade dell inspiron 15 5559 ram. What ram will be compatible with dell inspiron 15 5559 and what model of ram.

Replies (9)

BRABOAH,

Below are the memory specs for your computer. You can click the link below to download the online manual for your system. The manual provides information for removing/replacing parts within your computer. 

You can call Dell Spare Parts Department at 1-877-717-3355 or click the link below for ordering memory for your computer. You can also go to crucial.com for memory purchases.

Dell Spare Parts

Dell - Inspiron 15/5559 - Memory

Supported Memory Configurations

The Inspiron 5559 laptop has 2 SODIMM memory slots.

Both the slots can be accessed after removing the bottom base door. When both DIMM connectors are populated, the system has optimum dual-channel performance.

• The Inspiron 15/5559 supports configurations of 2GB/4GB/6GB/8GB/12GB/16GB.

Dell Inspiron 5559 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals.

Dell - Inspiron 15/5559 - System Specifications

Memory
Memory module connector Two user-accessible SODIMM sockets
Memory module capacities 2GB, 4GB, 8GB capable
Memory type DDR3L 1600MHz SODIMM
Minimum memory 4GB
Maximum memory 16GB

Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. Currently only available in the USA.

Hi Jesse,

I have Inspiron 15 5559 (6th Gen i3 processes) with 4 GB DDR3 RAM currently installed in it. Can I install another 8 GB (crucial) DDR3 RAM in it or 4 GB variant due to earlier installed RAM?

Yes, it will definitely work.  The only thing is that when you mix the capacities of your RAM modules like that, the system runs in mixed channel mode.  This isn't a bad thing, it's just not best for performance.  Keeping the capacities the same (e.g. 2x4GB, 2x8GB) will allow the system to run in dual-channel mode.  Not really a big deal unless you're running apps when low latency is critical.

Is it safe to use CL9 memory instead of CL11? Would there be a performance advantage?

Ask the manufacturer of the RAM about compatibility.  No, there's no performance advantage.

Thanks. I was looking at G.Skill but found a better value CL11 from Timetec, installed and passed the full test.

Hi  @DELL-Jesse L

I have the same  Inspiron 15/5559 laptop.
When I open System Information in Windows I can see the following:

" Installed Physical Memory (RAM) = 8.00GB   "

Does this mean that my 2 DIMM connectors are populated with 2x4GB SODIMM ?

I've been having some issues with the ram so I want to get the highest memory possible. This would be 2x16GB SODIMM for a total of 32 GB correct ?  But in the spec sheet you posted the maximum memory is 16GB. Is the maximum 16GB per DIMM connector ? or in total ? 

In other words am I going to have problems installing 2x16GB SODIMM in a Inspiron 15/5559 laptop ?

Cheers, 

Andres

2X8 is the maximum supported by this system.

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/dell/inspiron-15-(5559)

It may or may not be possible to use 2X16, but it's not a supported configuration, so if you decide to try -- be sore you understand your memory vendor's restocking fee/shipping charges, in case 32 does not work and you need to return/exchange it.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

buenas, tengo el mismo problema, tengo una inspiron 5559 y se daño un slot de memoria, asi que quiero poner en el slot funcional una ram de 8 gb, pero no me da video, y los led, me mandan que es error de memoria, quisiera saber si hay alguna configuracion que se pueda hacer para que la reconozca

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor