Highlighted
Daymian
1 Nickel

INSTALL M.2 DELL INSPIRON 5577

Jump to solution

Hello, I have recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 5577, this one came with a HDD 5400rpm 1TB, I want to upgrade to a SSD and I know that this model has a M.2 SATA/Nvme slot, I'm thinking of purchasing a 128GB M.2 Nvme PCIe SSD so I can install the OS and some programs on it but I also want to know if I would be able to replace the HDD as well for a SATAIII SSD of higher storage (256GB or 512GB) as SATA is cheaper than Nvme, so my question is, would I be able to use two SSD (the SATAIII and the M.2 Nvme) both at the same time? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JOcean
5 Tungsten

Re: INSTALL M.2 DELL INSPIRON 5577

Jump to solution

Yes you can and the following forum post will give you more information.

https://www.dell.com/community/Laptops-General-Read-Only/SSD-s-Dell-Inspiron-i5577-5328BLK-PUS/td-p/...

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS Z170K i5 6600
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
kunalkolamkar
1 Nickel

Re: INSTALL M.2 DELL INSPIRON 5577

Jump to solution

Yes it works no issues 
1) - unplug the charger -Remove the back cover - disconnect the battery cable -disconnect the cable of hdd -remove the screw using philips + head screw -remove hdd -remove hdd casing.

2) -put the case for ssd as it was for hdd - now put the ssd into the place from where it was removed - put the screw back - connect the hdd cable.

3) - connect m.2 stick to the slot - tight the screw - connect the battery cable 

4) now install the os

done !!InkedDell-Inspiron-15-7000-7559-3_LI.jpg