spillytalker
1 Nickel

IPS panel upgrade.

Where can I buy IPS panel screen replacement for my Dell Inspiron 15 5577 in India. 

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

Re: IPS panel upgrade.

If one is available for your model, Dell would be the source;  remember though that if you replace the display, you will lose your system warranty.

0 Kudos
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

If one is available for your model, Dell would be the source;  remember though that if you replace the display, you will lose your system warranty.

0 Kudos
spillytalker
1 Nickel

Dell would be source? Give me the link where I can buy.

Warranty would be lost if I replace it by myself, even if I bought it from Dell?

@ejn63

0 Kudos
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

You will need to call your local Dell office and ask for "Spare Parts".  Dell doesn't support post-purchase upgrades on internal components that aren't considered user-replaceable -- so yes, your upgrade WILL void the warranty.  Since panels are not universally interchangeable, and on a model this new - you may want to consider returning the system and re-ordering if you do not find the existing panel satisfactory.

There may or may not be an IPS panel available for the model you have -- Dell will likely be the only place to find out.

0 Kudos
spillytalker
1 Nickel

I found many compatible IPS screens for this specific model online.

Can I just buy them and give to Dell local store and tell them to replace it without voiding warranty? 

@ejn63

0 Kudos
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

Dell won't install the part - you're free to do so, but remember - you will void the warranty on the system by doing so.

The only way to upgrade a screen is at purchase -- Dell doesn't support post-purchase screen upgrades.

0 Kudos
spillytalker
1 Nickel

But in specifications it says, upgradable to IPS touch screen.

@ejn63

0 Kudos
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

It likely is - before you buy it.  Once purchased, Dell does not support internal part replacements (other than customer-replaceable parts - essentially memory and hard drive).

0 Kudos

@ejn63 That statement you made is completely false. The FTC has said that manufacturers cannot void your warranty if you fix or replace parts yourself, unless they find the part you fixed or replaced is responsible for damage that would be covered under warranty. The FTC said this practice is illegal unless the item costs less than $5. You can replace any part of your laptop with any part from any place and your warranty is still valid on the original DELL parts, the parts you replace would be warrantied by the manufacturer of the new part, and if DELL tells you otherwise they are breaking the law.

FTC quote:

"Provisions that tie warranty coverage to the use of particular products or services harm both consumers who pay more for them as well as the small businesses who offer competing products and services."

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/ne9qdq/warranty-void-if-removed-stickers-illegal-ftc

0 Kudos