spillytalker
1 Nickel

Re: IPS panel upgrade.

So opening the display part and changing the panel won't void warranty?

What if they say if something happened during the warranty, it is because that I change the panel where actually it is not? 

0 Kudos

I am about to order a new screen for my Inspiron 15 5577 with B156HAN01.1 because the original screen is horrible on this thing. The possibility of the screen damaging the computer are slim, unless you buy one that isn't compatible, the worst you will get is nothing on the screen, because the screen is not providing any voltage feedback to the board. Electricity goes in to the screen and so does the signal, then the screen and the signal get grounded out, not much damage that the screen can do to the laptop. You could damage it during installation and if you do that would void warranty but merely replacing the screen and it working afterwards would not void a warranty.

0 Kudos
spillytalker
1 Nickel

Can you share the link or something to buy that panel?

0 Kudos

At the bottom read the reviews and you will see there are a few people who have also upgraded the 5577 OEM screen.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FL3HKP4/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

0 Kudos

Person lives in India so I doubt FTC has any relevance for India. Maybe India has their own sort of regulation. I do know if that model had a option for a IPS screen your probably safe if the pins match. I myself found out how bad Dell Standard HD screens are in 5567. Absolutely terrible quality so I just donated the laptop to charity. So of the cheaper IPS replacements not a whole lot better. 

0 Kudos