Reven1010
1 Nickel

Re: Include XPS thermal management system to G3/G5/G7 BIOS

Jump to solution
I'm also both hands for it. Dell please make it happen.
RomanIron2
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Dell, please don't ignore us.

Metz17
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Please @DELL, i beg you, do this!
Highlighted
28spawn
2 Iron

Jump to solution

I'm just wondering moderators might have seen this topic but someone raised our concerns and requests to Dell Software team? how would be the best way to escalate this issue

augustl
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Fingers crossed 🤞

Caula
2 Iron

Jump to solution

+1 100% on this, 1.5.0 on my G5 is terrible on thermals and only because of software, when fans actually kick in it gets ok, but they take way too long to activate and some cores on my 8750h reach 92° for a moment, this is absolutely unacceptable for someone like me who needs absolute stability on clocks and performance, we're not just gamers, some of us got their G3/5/7 to work too.

I received my laptop 5 days ago, I'll wait for a solution for a week, then I'll just start a campaign to warn as many as possible of this terrible blocks and send back my computer, which I'm sorry, because this is really the only problem and it's just a software design matter

mparts
1 Copper

Jump to solution

This is causing an inconvenience due to the machine requiring a cooling pad in order to use it. With the cooling pad the keyboard and track pad section still gets really hot. Please provide a possible solution.

Windsigh
1 Nickel

Jump to solution
Couldn't "kudo" this enough. Please Dell, you have to address this. Give us an ETA. Or at least let us know that it's being worked on.
Dragosh
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Wonder if they even see this

MatkoBatko
1 Nickel

Jump to solution
DELL, seriously, without some fan control this can't be called a gaming laptop. This is my first product from you, I was super excited about it and thought you were one of the best brands, if not the best. Please don't try to change my mind. With BIOS 1.6.1 and as much powerful AC mode as possible, my fans are completely turned off until 70°C ! That is not what you call a gaming laptop, I wouldn't mind them running all the time at this mode. Please Smiley Sad