Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 20th, 2018 09:00

isHighlyActiveTopic

Include XPS thermal management system to G3/G5/G7 BIOS

Hi Dell,

Considering the amount of issues related to thermal management and fan control in the G-Series I would like to suggest you include in the next BIOS version the same thermal management system of XPS line and allow it to be controlled via Dell Power Manager the same way XPS line works (with Cool, Quiet, Balanced and High Performance profiles), this will save you a lot of headache and returns due to systems running too hot or too loud when it's just a matter of software management.

G-Series laptop may be entry-level gaming pcs but its users are very demanding when it comes to stability and controls, so it would make sense, I want to be able to let me g3 be really quiet during work time and when I want to game, I would like to be able to set it to high performance and system ramp up fans to keep thermals under control and excellent performance.

I believe other owners will agree with me.

Best regards. 

Ricardo

9 Posts

October 23rd, 2018 07:00

Please give us any updates if a new bios is being released or not

1 Message

October 23rd, 2018 20:00

you have my kudo. 

since I know the BIOS is very important for the system. I never have idea about upgrade BIOS, my G7 work perfectly on BIOS 1.3 as the factory set that I received.

about a week ago the Dell Update Icon pop up a notification about BIOS update. It doesnt show the version or detail about the update, I just know its an URGENT update. So, as you think, I click to update . . . and I sufferred the new Bios 1.5 as you guys do, the fan is quiter, more idle while when the system reach 60 Celsius, its hotter about 10 - 15 Celsius than on 1.3 version. now even daily work with few tabs chrome, Adobe After Effect and Photoshop, I have to keep my eyes on temperature of CPU, which I have never do on my 6 years old ASUS laptop....

we not buy G7 for cooling system not to be there just to looking at, we need them there to cooling down the system under load. 

October 26th, 2018 00:00

I've tried to bump this thread becaus dell completely ignore us and the only one thing I've get is ban from using this site. Dell, do you think this is funny or what? I bought your product and it's not workin' properly. I'm only tryin' to turn your attention. So please don't block me again.

I'm sorry for my bad english.

dell.PNG

15 Posts

October 26th, 2018 12:00

hmm strange, we need to keep this alive, it would be really cool if someone from @Anonymous would reply is with a position if they will take us into consideration or just ignore

October 30th, 2018 18:00

Please do it!

108 Posts

October 30th, 2018 19:00

I sent mine in for repairs and they replaced the heatsink. It didn't do anything!!

We NEED this feature and/or a BIOS update to revert the breaking changes in 1.4.1 and 1.5.0

42 Posts

October 31st, 2018 00:00

I'm also both hands for it. Dell please make it happen.

November 1st, 2018 02:00

Dell, please don't ignore us.

1 Message

November 5th, 2018 19:00

Please @Anonymous, i beg you, do this!

15 Posts

November 6th, 2018 02:00

I'm just wondering moderators might have seen this topic but someone raised our concerns and requests to Dell Software team? how would be the best way to escalate this issue

108 Posts

November 6th, 2018 06:00

Fingers crossed 🤞

22 Posts

November 6th, 2018 10:00

+1 100% on this, 1.5.0 on my G5 is terrible on thermals and only because of software, when fans actually kick in it gets ok, but they take way too long to activate and some cores on my 8750h reach 92° for a moment, this is absolutely unacceptable for someone like me who needs absolute stability on clocks and performance, we're not just gamers, some of us got their G3/5/7 to work too.

I received my laptop 5 days ago, I'll wait for a solution for a week, then I'll just start a campaign to warn as many as possible of this terrible blocks and send back my computer, which I'm sorry, because this is really the only problem and it's just a software design matter

1 Message

November 10th, 2018 01:00

This is causing an inconvenience due to the machine requiring a cooling pad in order to use it. With the cooling pad the keyboard and track pad section still gets really hot. Please provide a possible solution.

4 Posts

November 18th, 2018 17:00

Couldn't "kudo" this enough. Please Dell, you have to address this. Give us an ETA. Or at least let us know that it's being worked on.

3 Posts

November 19th, 2018 20:00

Wonder if they even see this

No Events found!