Re: Include XPS thermal management system to G3/G5/G7 BIOS

Jump to solution

That's the best idea I ever listened in this forum. As a costumer I recognize that buy a Dell G7 7588 was a mistake. 

Andreyson
1 Copper

Jump to solution

It is really a shame that this model doesn't have the thermal management system yet. I spent a lot of money in my computer and I expected it to have this kind of control system.

Evsign
1 Nickel

Jump to solution
Why this marked as solved???

Jump to solution
Well I just noticed that the New (New) Dell G7 15' has the i5 8300H GTX 1050Ti and it uses the Alienware Command Center and OC Control. Now it even installs on the G7 7588, but it won't show you the fan control, so I think all we need now is a bios update to allow us to controle those settings. If you guys wanna take a look the drivers and apps for the new G7 are here https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/g-series-15-7590-laptop/drivers Now all we need is Dell's good will.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Kinda strange, cause if you take a look a the G7 7590 drivers page, there's an OC Control there and it states that's used to control the system fans.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
avenger4534
2 Iron

Re: Include XPS thermal management system to G5/G7 BIOS

Jump to solution

Good news guys our efforts gave fruit DELL has released bios 1.9 HERE You can see in driver details as :

Enhancement:
- Added the Thermal Management feature in the Dell Power Manager application version 3.0. 

I think they finally decided to fix the thermals after many months and user complaints. Thank you all for your efforts on many platforms to make DELL hear us.

0 Kudos
TacoFerris
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

They finally did it, made my day Cat Very Happy

Evsign
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

But nothing for G3.... Topic started is G3 user... Dell, please! Waiting the same for G3.

Aaf1s
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Now this was something we've all been waiting to hear for! So has anyone tried out the latest BIOS 1.9.0 update? Is it stable? Problems? Most importantly, have we got complete control of our laptop's fans? Is this the best BIOS up to date? Anyone who has installed it, please kindly confirm.

0 Kudos
avenger4534
2 Iron

Jump to solution

I already tried bios 1.9 and it is good so far. I commented my early experience into another topic HERE and I think that bios is the best of in our options. I advice you to use Ulta Performance mode because they implemented bios 1.3 thermal table into this option. If I experience anthing else I will keep you posted.

0 Kudos