Chrisloko
1 Nickel

Re: Include XPS thermal management system to G3/G5/G7 BIOS

Jump to solution

We need this Dell, I won't consider this brand next time I'm looking for a laptop if this isn't sorted out. Do the right thing. 

Yttersta
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I bought this laptop and I own it. I don't like it one bit that Dell is trying to dictate how I use this device. It might be a gaming device, it might have also been bought by people who want quieter laptops, and I am fine with all of that.

The only way I see Dell making everybody happy is indeed to give us manual fan control when needed. I do not use my laptop for common use cases most of the time as a researcher and the sole reason why I bought this instead of the XPS 9570 with an identical CPU, RAM combination was so I would have higher power and thermal limits. You have no right to take that away from me from (from a security perspective) mandatory BIOS updates.

I want fan control.

Bump.

IsmaelDF
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I hope that dell has repect for who both a expense notebook how the Dell G7.

Onatauo
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I hope they add it to the Dell Inspiron 13 5379 as well.

itsgamer
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Please give us any updates if a new bios is being released or not

Ryo Jinki
1 Copper

Jump to solution

you have my kudo. 

since I know the BIOS is very important for the system. I never have idea about upgrade BIOS, my G7 work perfectly on BIOS 1.3 as the factory set that I received.

about a week ago the Dell Update Icon pop up a notification about BIOS update. It doesnt show the version or detail about the update, I just know its an URGENT update. So, as you think, I click to update . . . and I sufferred the new Bios 1.5 as you guys do, the fan is quiter, more idle while when the system reach 60 Celsius, its hotter about 10 - 15 Celsius than on 1.3 version. now even daily work with few tabs chrome, Adobe After Effect and Photoshop, I have to keep my eyes on temperature of CPU, which I have never do on my 6 years old ASUS laptop....

we not buy G7 for cooling system not to be there just to looking at, we need them there to cooling down the system under load. 

RomanIron2
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I've tried to bump this thread becaus dell completely ignore us and the only one thing I've get is ban from using this site. Dell, do you think this is funny or what? I bought your product and it's not workin' properly. I'm only tryin' to turn your attention. So please don't block me again.

I'm sorry for my bad english.

dell.PNG

28spawn
2 Iron

Jump to solution
hmm strange, we need to keep this alive, it would be really cool if someone from @DELL would reply is with a position if they will take us into consideration or just ignore
Ramon Guerra
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Please do it!
augustl
2 Iron

Jump to solution

I sent mine in for repairs and they replaced the heatsink. It didn't do anything!!

We NEED this feature and/or a BIOS update to revert the breaking changes in 1.4.1 and 1.5.0