Highlighted
Antoniodell
1 Nickel

Inspiration 15 7000 restart after bios update

After a few days i let the updating tool to update my drivers because i was having some issues with the videos that show some green pixels and i read a post that say i was need to update my drivers, after that i still see the green pixels randomly and now my computer is restarting when random when is not plugin with the power, i ready read forum and still not found any solution to this problem. 

9 Replies
Sebastian89
2 Iron

Re: Inspiration 15 7000 restart after bios update

I was also supposed to write a post about this problem. I have it for a very long time. Green pixels appear when I watch youtube on chrome. Do you also have it on chrome and on youtube or movies?2.jpg

---
dell 7567 ---> | i7-7700HQ | 16 GB | 1050TI | 960 EVO 500GB | 4K |
0 Kudos
khalidsbaih
1 Nickel

The current solution is to downgrade to version 1.1.0

In another forum someone found BIOS downgrade method for BIOS 1.4.0 versions. I'm telling you step by step;

• First you shut down the computer completely.
  • Then, while the computer is turned off, hold down the left Ctrl + Esc keys and connect the charging cable to the computer. The computer will start up automatically.
  • We continue to hold down Ctrl + Esc until the BIOS Recovery window appears.
  • After the BIOS Recovery window arrives, select "Rollback" and continue, the BIOS will be downgraded after the computer restarts itself.
  • After this, you can now install BIOS 1.1.0. Now your automatic shutdown problem will be resolved.

Do not update your BIOS to versions above 1.1.0 until Dell engineers solve this automatic shutdown problem.

0 Kudos
Sebastian89
2 Iron

I have 1.1.0 versions and I have this problem so this is not a solution

---
0 Kudos
khalidsbaih
1 Nickel

The 1.1.0 solved the problem in my case.

I've downgraded from 1.4.0 to 1.1.0 and it works fine from two months

0 Kudos
Sebastian89
2 Iron

I do not

---
0 Kudos
Antoniodell
1 Nickel

Thanks right now i'm trying your suggestion, i make the rollback, i hope just to resolve the rebooting problem cause this computer it's used for work mostly, and for the green pixels i asume is a video problems and yes it happen in chrome i also have fire fox but i do´t remember saw this behavior, but is must common when is connected with the HDMI cable...

0 Kudos

I have same problem, but I couldn't remember that is the problem begin after BIOS update or is it there all the time

0 Kudos
bgaumond
1 Copper

This does not work for me, when I try to downgrade to 1.1.0 it says it is an unsupported downgrade. How were you able to downgrade? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Antoniodell
1 Nickel

Well yea it resolve the restart problem, but where is the dev team or someone for dell telling something about this issues, a real expensive machine for the really low quality and no answers, my 3D software are now having issues with the rollaback why?, i don't know?, dell can answer? no they ready make the sell, and this issue is not new, green pixels are not new, i usually respect Dell products but next buy i will rethink twice before get one...  

0 Kudos