Highlighted
1 Copper

Inspirion 13 5378 2-in-1 Streaks of Bubbles and Jumping Windows

In trying to look for a post regarding my problem, the closest thing I have seen is what some are calling ghost touching on the screen. This may be my problem, but it doesn't sound exactly the same. I am getting streaks of bubbles flashing in a line across the screen, sometimes accompanied by the window I am using jumping around. I don't know what else to do with it is since multiple people have looked at it and called it a hardware problem (which should still be covered under warranty) related to the touchscreen that will be very expensive to fix. Dell (over the phone) refuses to accept it as such and is calling it a software problem, and won't look at it without me purchasing hundreds of dollars worth of warranties. I just feel like I shouldn't be putting hundreds of dollars into something that I only got a couple week's worth of use out of. If anyone has seen this problem and has a fairly inexpensive solution, or a suggestion for how to get Dell to take responsibility for a hardware problem, I would greatly appreciate it! I have a video, but I am now seeing that only photos can be uploaded.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
6 Indium

Re: Inspirion 13 5378 2-in-1 Streaks of Bubbles and Jumping Windows

Run a screen self-test - does the same fault show?  Hold D through power-up to initiate the screen built-in self test.

0 Kudos