Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

4 Posts

May 16th, 2019 20:00

Inspiron 11 3000 2-in-1 lemon?

Hi, a couple days ago I bought a new Inspiron 11 3000 2-in-1 laptop. Things were going good until today, when the battery got down to around 7%, it just shut off and won't turn back on. Even after charging it with the power cord. Sometimes it flashes for a split second when I try to turn it back on, but stays off. Mostly though the screen just stays blank. I have tried with and without the power cord connected. What happened?

Edit: Now it turns on every once in a while when pushing the volume/power buttons. Most of the time though it doesn't turn on.

• 

16.7K Posts

May 17th, 2019 04:00

Brad481,

Remove the battery and hold the power button down for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Replace the battery and turn on. You can click the link below to choose your system and download the online manual for information removing the battery.

https://dell.to/30tynUk

Click my name and private message me the service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

May 17th, 2019 04:00

You can try a reset. Disconnect the battery and unplug the adapter. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Reconnect everything and try again. Considering the system is only days old, I would be calling Dell tech support for your region and have them diagnose the problem if the reset does not help.

4 Posts

May 19th, 2019 22:00

Thank you both. The reset seems to have worked. There is maybe just a 1-2 second delay when powering on compared to when before this happened, but it's no issue. Thanks again.

293 Posts

May 20th, 2019 12:00

@ brad481.........Nice that you reported back and I kuddo'd both of them.

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

May 20th, 2019 19:00

Glad to help out!

No Events found!