Start a Conversation

Unsolved

NY

3 Posts

November 7th, 2022 06:00

Inspiron 11 3000 not working after update

My Inspiron 11 3000 series stopped working after updating most recent windows 10 updates. Originally had 3/4 beep issues, fixed that with new memory, and was then able to login to make sure clock was correct. When I went to restart, computer only had a black screen, no beeping codes, but would get a low beeping noise when pressing any keyboard key. Tried rebooting, tried hard reset, and tried factory reset, but still no resolution. I will remove my hard drive and connect to my desktop computer to move all my files before I actually do the factory reset.

1 Rookie

• 

11.1K Posts

November 9th, 2022 14:00

Run Dell Diagnostics.

November 10th, 2022 05:00

@ieee488 Is there a way of running the diagnostics with a black screen? As mentioned before, no response but I know it is working as heat shield gets warm after startup. 

1 Rookie

• 

11.1K Posts

November 10th, 2022 12:00

@NotAGamer.yet wrote:

@ieee488 Is there a way of running the diagnostics with a black screen? As mentioned before, no response but I know it is working as heat shield gets warm after startup. 

I guess then your laptop is toast.

November 14th, 2022 06:00

I tried again this weekend and I was able to get the screen to flicker a bit, the beeping stopped, and it did look like it may have been trying to reboot. I tried a hard reset, but didn't see any results. Left it on all day yesterday and hope to try again today after work. 

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

November 28th, 2022 23:00

ou might be experiencing this issue because the current keyboard driver is not playing nice with the new Windows update. As such, we recommend that you check Dell's website for the latest keyboard driver for your laptop. If the issue persists while using the latest driver, try using an older one.

A configuration error can also cause this issue. To isolate the cause of this problem, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. This tool can help diagnose and fix hardware issues. Here's how:

1. Click Start.
  2. On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on Troubleshooting from the results.
  3. Click Hardware and Sound.
  4. Under Device, click Hardware and Devices.
No Events found!