Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

3 Posts

October 8th, 2018 05:00

Inspiron 13 (2-in-1) fan noise is so LOUD!

The company I work for purchased a Dell Inspiron 13" 2-in-1 in March 2018 and for the past 3 months the fan noise has been embarrassing. I can't use the laptop in a quiet setting because it sounds like it's ready to take off like a helicopter. Can someone please give me a solution to resolve this? Updating the Bios doesn't resolve this issue... sounds like the CPU or graphics card fan bearing(s) are bad. PLEASE help!!

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

October 8th, 2018 07:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to look into this for you.

What is the exact system model in the 13 series in question here?

Does the system heat up by any chance & does this happen irrespective of the applications used?

Please run a hardware diagnostic by following the video on this link http://bit.ly/2fJuGXB & check if there is an error.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Click here to find the service tag -  https://dell.to/2xXUCUW

3 Posts

October 8th, 2018 09:00

Sreejith Ramesh

The exact model number is: 7373

The laptop does heat up as you use it and this happens when engaging in view YouTube videos or anything that requires a good amount of processing. I have ran a diagnosis test and everything came back totally fine. For some reason it won't let me update the Bios software. I click to download it and it keeps "failing". I will private message you the other information.

Thanks!

3 Posts

October 10th, 2018 07:00

Sreejith Ramesh,

I private messaged you a couple days ago... any response to this??

Thanks!

Daniel Mikolajczyk

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

October 10th, 2018 11:00

Hi Daniel, 

I have responded to your private message. Kindly check & share the details. 

March 1st, 2019 08:00

I have the exact same problem. What should I do? Thank you

9.4K Posts

March 1st, 2019 09:00

Hi inspiron_13_7373,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies tha tyour system is not performing as expected.

Have you run a systems diagnostics yet?  Please check for hardware issues by running Dell SupportAssist, make a note of any error messages encountered and post back.  If there are none, then there's the possibility it's a software or driver related issue.

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

How to Troubleshoot Fan Issues

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

July 2nd, 2021 18:00

Hiya,

I had the same issue with mine after about a year of having it. It was quite noisy at the start anyway but it became embarrassing like you said that I couldn't even use video call apps because the noise of the fan stopped people hearing me. It also began to have other issues soon after like not holding a charge but I think this was to do with a Bios update gone wrong. Eventually, I got a new laptop because I needed one that would hold a charge and was portable so we kept the Dell one as a spare at home. My dad tried so many different things to fix both issues and I think the battery is still an issue but he tells me that it doesn't make an abnormally loud noise now (obviously a bit loud like it was before). I don't know exactly what fixed it but I can find out the details if it is still something you need to fix.

Hopefully, everything is good now anyway or you got a new laptop since it was so long ago, just let me know!

November 24th, 2021 06:00

Hi can anyone help me lower the fan noise for my Inspiron 7306, I have updated my BIOS and all drivers but it is still so loud. I absolutely love the laptop but if I can't reduce the fan noise I think I am going to have to return it.

No Events found!