Highlighted
ahlikeyah
1 Copper

Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1, screen flicker

I just bought my Dell Inspiron 13 7000 laptop with touch screen last week and now when I turned it on, the screen is already flickering to the point that it completely turns black after some time. This is getting frustrating. How can this issue be resolved? I perfectly care for my laptop but I'm shocked that it's having screen issues! This is not a cheap laptop ($1000+) so I am expecting this to be durable and well-performing!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
GaspardP
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1, screen flicker

Hey! I bought a version without the touch screen and I am having different sort of problems. I described them here https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Inspiron-13-7370-Poor-build-quality/m-p/6125823 I start to think that the 7000 series has some construction/quality problems.

0 Kudos
ahlikeyah
1 Copper

In my case, I had no issue with the hardware. And I just resolved the flicker issue! Apparently, I only had to update my drivers. I was really panicking earlier because I thought I've been duped.

0 Kudos
GaspardP
1 Copper

I am glad to know that you solved your problem! :-)

0 Kudos
arooj1001
1 Copper

i am also having the same issue with the same laptop from the starting week when I buy it in August.
0 Kudos
AM8219
1 Copper

Hi. Which drivers did you have to update? I have exact same issue. thanks

0 Kudos

Thank you for your message. Does the screen flicker on your notebook? 

Does it happen irrespective of the applications used?  Do you have a touchscreen system?

Does the screen flicker if you move the LCD back & forth?

Do you observe the flickering issue in tablet mode as well?

Please run hardware diagnostics by following the video on this link

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos