Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 12th, 2018 15:00

Inspiron 13 7000 Won't Wake From Sleep, Instead Screen Flickers

I don't go into sleep mode often, but when I do my Inspiron's screen will not wake up. It flickers and the only way for me to fix it is to do a hard restart. I have seen other forums with the same problem, but every driver that I try installing to fix the problem "is not compatible with my device." Any Help?

2 Posts

January 13th, 2018 06:00

Just today i found these related to this "sleeping mode issue". 

http://www.dell.com/support/article/sk/sk/skdhs1/sln299492/inspiron-7559-displays-multiple-issues-after-resuming-from-sleep?lang=en

You have to update your BIOS to later version, update is very simple, Dell descriptions are solid and simple. 

I have tested it and it works.... 

!!!!!!!!! -------  However you have Inspiron 13 7000, main is Inspiron 15 7000 Gamming Black (Dell detector even said that Inspiron 15 Gamming 7567) model ---------- !!!!!!!!

2 Posts

January 12th, 2018 15:00

Hi i bought Dell Inspiron 15 7000 this Monday. I face the same issue my notebook goes three times into a sleep mode and when i press any button "wake up him", notebook goes online according the noise and keyboard lights goes on but the screen stayed black. I try to wait a little bit or press any button but nothing changed, I was as well forced to hard shut down in order start him.

1 Message

March 26th, 2018 03:00

Try this solution:

(Re)start while hitting F2 which takes you to BIOS: Click on "Power Management" then on "USB Wake Support." On the right window, if not selected, select "Enable USB Wake Support." Then on the bottom of the page, click to select "Apply." Close the window - your system starts normally.

Hopefully, it will resolve the problem.

April 1st, 2018 10:00

I did it, it didn't work

1 Message

November 17th, 2019 08:00

A workaround for this hardware "no wake up" problem:   Set all your power saving choices to "Never" particularly the screen timeout.  Then set your power button to "Hibernate" and your close screen lid to "Sleep."

Reason:s  The Dell 13-7000 series will "power save " the USB ports when the screen times out.  However the keyboard and touch pad are internally connected to the USB system so you cannot input anything that will reopen the screen and the computer is still running with whatever you had on the screen causing the computer to get warm even though it looks like it is shut down.

By using the settings above the computer screen never times out so the inputs stay alive.  Shutting the screen lid makes the computer go to sleep and the battery will last all night. Opening the lid will restart the computer and screen on the last page you were using.  Finally using "Hibernate" on the ON/OFF/fingerprint button allows you to fully save and shutdown. 

NOTE:; Once you set the above settings and want to use the fingerprint reader to unlock the computer just TOUCH the on/off button, do not press it or you put the computer in Hibernate.  It also explains why pushing that button would not wake up the screen when it was in that frustrating blank locked up situation.  You were actually shutting down a running computer.  Then 5 seconds later you could cold start it or worse if the battery went dead you would have to charge it a little to even get it to start.  It was very frustrating but these settings will workaround the screen time out-lockout problem without having to do Bios changes.

1 Message

January 31st, 2020 15:00

Hi,

I am having the same problem. Just installed the latest BIOS v1.6 from Aug 2019 but it did not fix it for me. 

I hear the Motherboard needs replacing in such cases is that then only thing that could be done?

Great thanks in advance!

Chris

6 Posts

January 31st, 2021 23:00

Hi Guys, I thought to update the solution that worked for me about waking up from sleep is that upgrading the firmware of SK Hynix SSD. 

Please try upgrading SK Hynix SSD firmware mentioned below.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-in/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=j5yr3&oscode=wt64a&productco...

Hope firmware upgrade fixes issues for others as well. 

Thank you!

1 Message

March 15th, 2021 07:00

Hey, I decided to install the drivers but I can't seem to find any ssd on the list.

does it require to have any prior process?

September 13th, 2021 07:00

We it hasn't fixed mine, Inspiron 13 7000 with Bios 1.19.0 June 2021

No Events found!