Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

LN

March 17th, 2018 15:00

Inspiron 13- 7359 2-in-1 touchscreen not working

Hello, 

I have owned this laptop for about a year now. About a week ago, the touchscreen application suddenly stopped working and there is no damage to it. HID-compliant touchscreen in the Device Manager is not there. In the Device Specification, under pen and touch it states, "No pen and touch input is available for this display". The Tablet PC Setting is not under the Control Panel. I did the diagnostic test and it said that it passed and nothing is wrong with it. I have already updated the driver and everything. However, I notice during the diagnostics test my Dell laptop series did not match the series that it detected. I have an Inspiron 13-7359, but it detected Inspiron 15-3558. Even though the service tag and express service code are exactly the same. From there I assumed that there was something wrong with the screen itself. So, I bought a new one and attached it. However, the same problem is still there. So, from there I went to the actual laptop model I have and found "LDC Recalibration File". However, there is a password. 

Any Ideas?
Screenshot (4).pngScreenshot (5).pngAs you can see there is a password for all of these files.As you can see there is a password for all of these files.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

March 17th, 2018 16:00

@levy.nguyenwrote:

Hello, 

I have owned this laptop for about a year now. About a week ago, the touchscreen application suddenly stopped working and there is no damage to it. HID-compliant touchscreen in the Device Manager is not there. In the Device Specification, under pen and touch it states, "No pen and touch input is available for this display". The Tablet PC Setting is not under the Control Panel. I did the diagnostic test and it said that it passed and nothing is wrong with it. I have already updated the driver and everything. However, I notice during the diagnostics test my Dell laptop series did not match the series that it detected. I have an Inspiron 13-7359, but it detected Inspiron 15-3558. Even though the service tag and express service code are exactly the same. From there I assumed that there was something wrong with the screen itself. So, I bought a new one and attached it. However, the same problem is still there. So, from there I went to the actual laptop model I have and found "LDC Recalibration File". However, there is a password. 

Any Ideas?
Screenshot (4).pngScreenshot (5).pngAs you can see there is a password for all of these files.As you can see there is a password for all of these files.

Perhaps download and install the right driver ?

1 Message

March 19th, 2018 19:00

Mine stopped working the SAME day. EVERYTHING shows passed, all the HID touch screen drivers are there & everything is ENABLED.  Also have  " Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power " UNCHECKED...I have tried everything and nothing.  I don't believe there's anything wrong with the screen itself.  Hopefully someone has a fix.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 20th, 2018 06:00

Hi javier1976 :BigSmile:

I'd suggest using the System Restore tool on the system. The tool will go back to an earlier time before the touch screen stop working. 

How To Use System Restore (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)

System Restore does not affect any of your documents, pictures, or any other personal data. Recently installed drivers and programs might be uninstalled

Also,

The windows update (KB4074588)  might be causing touchscreen problem. Please read the article thoroughly in link below, and then try the troubleshooting steps to fix it. Keep in mind, the touch screen is nothing more than a USB device. 

USB devices may stop working after installing the February 13, 2018 update (KB4074588)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4091240/usb-devices-may-stop-working-after-installing-the-f

Note: By the way, Dell and Microsoft are working on having KB4074588 pulled from Windows Updates 

1 Message

January 16th, 2019 20:00

Your reply to the OP's post is ambiguous. Are you saying that the touch screen firmware updater only requests a password when it is used with a device that it is incompatible with or one that doesn't have the right driver installed? Or, are you saying that you don't know the password and that the user might need the driver installed?

(This tool has apparently helped a number of people to resolve this problem. And it apparently doesn't ask them all for a password.)

Why on earth would Dell even post a tool - especially one as mission-critical as a firmware updater - that required an undisclosed password in order to be used? This makes less than no sense and borders on, well, unfriendly service.

Can you provide a password for the tool, or can you suggest where one may be found?

Thank you,

X

1 Message

July 29th, 2019 20:00

The same problem here. I tried downloading the driver but password pop up on zip file. any ideas with the password?

3 Posts

June 18th, 2020 04:00

OP, did you ever manage to get the touchscreen function to work?

2 Posts

March 20th, 2024 00:31

PW for the zip is breakfix but it didn't help my 13-7359, touch screen is still not working. It is still missing HID-compliant touch screen. Anyone know how to fix this ?

No Events found!