Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 23rd, 2019 06:00

Inspiron 13 7368 auto rotate not working

I cannot get auto rotate to work.

Some suggest:

Ensure that the auto-rotate box is checked. Refer to these steps:

1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, click/tap on Screen resolution.
2. Check the Allow the screen to auto-rotate box, and click/tap on OK

But I don't have that option, no where do I see the ability to enable or disable auto rotate.

This has not worked on this laptop since it updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

10 Posts

September 6th, 2019 04:00

Installing the Intel Integrated Sensor Hub Driver solved the problem. (Found i the list of drivers to download on the website.)

Note, the dell support app is not to be trusted as it never bothered to mention this was missing.

The toggle for Auto Rotate now appears in Windows settings.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

August 23rd, 2019 06:00

Go to control panel > display > change display settings. There you will find the control to set landscape vs landscape (flipped). Change and uncheck allow screen to auto rotate. Also, I would suggest you to reinstall the Video card driver on the system.

Regards,

Adrian

10 Posts

August 23rd, 2019 18:00

@AdrianG001 Change and uncheck allow screen to auto rotate This option does not appear anywhere. I see Orientation with 4 options and that's it. Also this is a dropdown so there is no option to "uncheck"

10 Posts

September 6th, 2019 04:00

@AdrianG001 any idea how or where your checkbox is?

January 11th, 2022 09:00

could you elaborate on how you did that? i recently changed hard drive to a 240gb ssd and the auto rotate feature has completely disappeared. Similarly, no options even mentioning auto rotate in settings.

No Events found!