Highlighted
HartleyH
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron 13 7000 (7370) Display Won't Wake Up

Same issue as others above, laptop refusing to wake from sleep and having to hard reboot several times & using a boot disk to get it back to life.

My 7370 worked fine for the first few months, it was only back end of last year that 'something' changed. I assumed some sort of conflict after possibly a windows or bios update & hoped it would resolve itself in time. Alas no.

If it is a rogue motherboard batch would the problem not have appeared immediately? Also would there not be many more people affected,  obviously I don't know the sales numbers for this model but would the hue & cry over this issue not be bigger? Not meaning to be rude, just trying to get to the bottom of what's wrong with my blasted machine and whether I have grounds to get a refund.

Either way disappointing that Dell aren't addressing it... this is my first Dell machine & it will be the last!

Highlighted
pst58
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron 13-7370, LCD won't wake up

Even my Inspiron 7370 i7 8h Gen always had the same problem (acquired in November 2017, is now out of warranty). I have tried almost all the suggestions read so far in this thread without any positive result. Recently I also tried to install Ubuntu 18.04 LTE and found the same problem.
Highlighted
brianms
2 Bronze

I really wish Dell and/or Intel would actually address this widespread issue.

A laptop not being able to turn the display back on after it times out is ridiculous and pretty disastrous for a battery-powered device.

I can't recommend any Dell devices to anyone because of this.

warrennunez
1 Copper

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. BIOS version 1.14.0 has been released already but still does not solve the issue. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Highlighted
NFLMVP
2 Bronze

If you're still under warranty, do not wait to have Dell take care of this. Get it done before the warranty expires. The rest of us appear to be SOL. Dell hasn't done anything to address this up to this point and all we have seen is the run-around, regarding suggestions and a vague promise to escalate this up the chain. One user was able to get his motherboard replaced, under warranty.  Hopefully, you can too. It's really sad that an item as new as this should encounter this kind of issue in the first place but it's even worse that Dell doesn't seem to care, at all.

Highlighted
NFLMVP
2 Bronze

Can anyone from Dell tell us what happened?

Has anyone else found the sleep setting working properly all of a sudden?

Out of the blue today, I decided to try this all over again and found that I didn't have to try anything other than change the sleep setting back from NEVER.  Sleep is now working as intended.

I currently have my screen set to sleep after 1 minute of inactivity.  I have awakened the system with both the touch pad and with my mouse, numerous times and at short and long intervals of inactivity.  I have not changed anything else on my system but the Dell updates have been rolling in this whole time so I can only assume Dell fixed the glitch.

Well, at least for me (which makes no sense).  Has anyone else found that the feature is working properly?  @brianms  @HartleyH @MikeHineline @emilio96 @K.LOVELL @Rick1289 @Chrisg6674 @warrennunez @NFLMVP 

Highlighted
NFLMVP
2 Bronze

Has anyone else found this feature suddenly working?  I was unable to tag more than 10 people in my previous reply.

@ZorakMantis999 @kbj0001 @Ychan @K.LOVELL @Saaj9 @knaper @michaeljet @pst58 @wtfito 

Highlighted
kbj0001
1 Copper

I will investigate this weekend. I've been planning to wipe and reinstall this machine to see if anything has gotten better (I haven't been using it since I cannot trust it). Now that I see there might be some updates, I'll give it a try. Which version of Windows 10 are you currently running?

Highlighted
NFLMVP
2 Bronze

@kbj0001Off the top of my head, I'm not certain.  I just know it's the most current....perhaps 1039?

My .02 cents?  I think this has more to do with the Dell updates than the Windows updates but I have know way to know for certain.  As @emilio96 points out, he's not even using Windows but rather, Ubuntu, so that's why I surmise it's a Dell issue and not a Windows issue.

EDIT: @kbj001 Apparently I am dislexic.  My version of Windows 10 is 1903.  I got all the right numbers, just not the right order.

Highlighted

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.