Highlighted
wtfito
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron 13 7000 (7370) Display Won't Wake Up

I just kept rebooting my laptop whenever this happened. If it's a defect from their motherboard does that mean you had to pay for it to get replaced.?

Highlighted
NFLMVP
2 Bronze

@wtfito 

If you're under warranty, get it into Dell, ASAP.  Any repairs outside of warranty are at the customer's expense.

Even though Dell has known about this issue since last year, they've done NOTHING to help us.

Highlighted
emilio96
1 Copper

I have same problem.

Could someone tell me some information about my warranty?

I bought my laptop from Italy in March 2018, am i under warranty yet? I'm not sure, bat I should have a two year warranty..

Also, i installed another OS (Ubuntu), did i lose warranty?

Highlighted
NFLMVP
2 Bronze

Highlighted
MikeHineline
1 Copper

Do you have any specs on the replacement motherboard.  I have the same issue and am out of warranty and would like to purchase a new motherboard but want to make sure I don't purchase another old/bad one.

Highlighted
HartleyH
1 Copper

Same issue as others above, laptop refusing to wake from sleep and having to hard reboot several times & using a boot disk to get it back to life.

My 7370 worked fine for the first few months, it was only back end of last year that 'something' changed. I assumed some sort of conflict after possibly a windows or bios update & hoped it would resolve itself in time. Alas no.

If it is a rogue motherboard batch would the problem not have appeared immediately? Also would there not be many more people affected,  obviously I don't know the sales numbers for this model but would the hue & cry over this issue not be bigger? Not meaning to be rude, just trying to get to the bottom of what's wrong with my blasted machine and whether I have grounds to get a refund.

Either way disappointing that Dell aren't addressing it... this is my first Dell machine & it will be the last!

NFLMVP
2 Bronze

Re: Inspiron 13-7370, LCD won't wake up

Can anyone from Dell tell us what happened?

Has anyone else found the sleep setting working properly all of a sudden?

Out of the blue today, I decided to try this all over again and found that I didn't have to try anything other than change the sleep setting back from NEVER.  Sleep is now working as intended.

I currently have my screen set to sleep after 1 minute of inactivity.  I have awakened the system with both the touch pad and with my mouse, numerous times and at short and long intervals of inactivity.  I have not changed anything else on my system but the Dell updates have been rolling in this whole time so I can only assume Dell fixed the glitch.

Well, at least for me (which makes no sense).  Has anyone else found that the feature is working properly?  @brianms  @HartleyH @MikeHineline @emilio96 @K.LOVELL @Rick1289 @Chrisg6674 @warrennunez @NFLMVP 

Highlighted
NFLMVP
2 Bronze

Has anyone else found this feature suddenly working?  I was unable to tag more than 10 people in my previous reply.

@ZorakMantis999 @kbj0001 @Ychan @K.LOVELL @Saaj9 @knaper @michaeljet @pst58 @wtfito 

Highlighted
kbj0001
1 Copper

I will investigate this weekend. I've been planning to wipe and reinstall this machine to see if anything has gotten better (I haven't been using it since I cannot trust it). Now that I see there might be some updates, I'll give it a try. Which version of Windows 10 are you currently running?

Highlighted
emilio96
1 Copper

OMG, it's working! I don't care that it's working.

I state that I have Ubuntu OS installed, but I think it is indifferent.
I want to clarify, that as @NFLMVP wrote, I have the black screen disabled as settings and the system goes into sleep mode after 15 minutes  Last week I updated the bios to the latest version. Nothing else.

My questions are:

Is it simply a coincidence? Was it  just a bug fixable with bios upgrade?