Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron 13-7370, LCD won't wake up

Hi all,

I got the Inspiron 13-7370 for my daughter back in Dec 2017. 

She had been complaining about this issue from day 1, but I assumed it was something she had done, i.e. some software she installed, a bad driver etc.  I finally got sick of her leaving her computer on all the time (she disabled sleep mode to stop this issue) and have spent ALL DAY trying to fix it - going as far as completely reinstalling Windows (several times)

The issue persists.  And after reading this thread, it seems it is likely a hardware issue.  However, the warranty expired in Dec 2018. 

I'm already behind monetarily - her battery is completely wrecked from leaving it on all the time so have had it replaced.  Her screen is showing signs of wear too.  This laptop was supposed to last her 3 years. 

Is it worth trying to renew the warranty to get this replaced?  

Or do I just ... well, never buy a Dell again?

(1)
2 Bronze

If possible, I'd try force installing the older driver linked on page 8 or 9 of this thread. I don't run this as my main laptop, however this driver stabilized the issue for me for a solid week of testing. It makes sense as the issue didn't happen initially (and I bought the laptop in early 2018) but rather began *at some point* prior to January 2019.

Highlighted
1 Copper

It's our first and definitely our last!!

Highlighted
3 Argentium

I use Inspiron 13 7000 as well. And I've had the same issue of the display not turning on after it turns off automatically.

Is there a solution to this problem.

Highlighted
1 Copper

Any updates to this? 
13 Inspiron 7370 with this issue and I’m sick of having to revert to outdated drivers...

Highlighted
1 Copper

I was having the same problem, but then I discovered something. You can press down on the trackpad and there is a click. When I did this the laptop woke up immediately. I don't know if this will work for everyone, but since it worked for me I thought I would post about it.