Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron 13-7370, LCD won't wake up

Hi all,

I got the Inspiron 13-7370 for my daughter back in Dec 2017. 

She had been complaining about this issue from day 1, but I assumed it was something she had done, i.e. some software she installed, a bad driver etc.  I finally got sick of her leaving her computer on all the time (she disabled sleep mode to stop this issue) and have spent ALL DAY trying to fix it - going as far as completely reinstalling Windows (several times)

The issue persists.  And after reading this thread, it seems it is likely a hardware issue.  However, the warranty expired in Dec 2018. 

I'm already behind monetarily - her battery is completely wrecked from leaving it on all the time so have had it replaced.  Her screen is showing signs of wear too.  This laptop was supposed to last her 3 years. 

Is it worth trying to renew the warranty to get this replaced?  

Or do I just ... well, never buy a Dell again?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

If possible, I'd try force installing the older driver linked on page 8 or 9 of this thread. I don't run this as my main laptop, however this driver stabilized the issue for me for a solid week of testing. It makes sense as the issue didn't happen initially (and I bought the laptop in early 2018) but rather began *at some point* prior to January 2019.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

It's our first and definitely our last!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentium

I use Inspiron 13 7000 as well. And I've had the same issue of the display not turning on after it turns off automatically.

Is there a solution to this problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Any updates to this? 
13 Inspiron 7370 with this issue and I’m sick of having to revert to outdated drivers...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

I was having the same problem, but then I discovered something. You can press down on the trackpad and there is a click. When I did this the laptop woke up immediately. I don't know if this will work for everyone, but since it worked for me I thought I would post about it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Same request for updates; this thread has been very helpful

If possible, could @kbj0001 @jmsfll update their progress? I will also try @dekstop 's suggestion

I now have Windows 1903 and Intel UHD Graphics 620 v26.20.100.7263. This also started happening to me just before 2019, with varying frequency.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

I have somewhat given up at this point. Even reverting back to an older driver did not seem to stay 'fixed'. I have since (again) wiped the machine and reinstalled the OS from a Dell Restore USB stick, and then methodically upgraded Windows, allowed SupportAssist to install/upgrade drivers, etc. And the issue remains. And Dell doesn't seem to want to acknowledge that this machine has an issue - hence we are all stuck. A number of us have been posting about this issue for over a year now.

On top of this I have discovered that this machine eats a battery every year. My first one was still covered under warranty but now 14 months later, the on board Diagnostics have told me that my battery needs replacement. I chatted with Support who said 'batteries are consumables'. I would agree with that statement, but EVERY YEAR? I have another brand laptop in the house that has been in service for 12 years (!) and it has gone thru 3 batteries in those 12 years. 

I have zero faith in this machine and it is only 2 years old. When it operates correctly it is awesome - fast, beautiful screen, nice trackpad, etc. But it has such power/video issues that I really cant trust it for much anymore.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Thank you very much!

I did try @dekstop 's suggestion, and it didn't work for me. How long did you hold it for?

I'm stuck with this Dell laptop for now (out of warranty too), and I hope it stays functional enough to get school work done.

I wonder if newer Dell laptops still have issues like these...

0 Kudos