Highlighted
JMdeCarton
1 Nickel

Inspiron 13 7370 SSD upgrade support up to?

I just received my new laptop and im loving it so far, but when i bought it i tought that 256gb of ssd would be enough... Wrong... Now im thinking to upgrade to maybe 1tb or at least 512gb (Samsung 860 M.2 2280), i guess it is a SATA III, but im not really sure. But first I dont know how much does this laptop supports because some says 512gb and on the crucial scan page says 1tb... Can you help me please?

Labels (6)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JOcean
5 Tungsten

Re: Inspiron 13 7370 SSD upgrade support up to?

The 7370 M.2 slot can take either SATA or NVME/PCIe. The specs state a maximum capacity of 512 GB because that is the largest drive that has been tested with the 7370. But users are successfully installing 1 TB drives. The NVME will give better performance than the SATA drive but the choice is yours. And the Crucial site is correct inasmuch as they guarantee 100% compaitibility.

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Inspiron-13-7370-upgrade-from-SATA-to-NVME/td-p/6192594

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS Z170K i5 6600
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
JMdeCarton
1 Nickel

I readed that the laptop supports both, NVME and SSD, but in the post you sended me the guy is telling that is having problems with the NVME SSD so i guess i should go with the SATA instead... "The specs state a maximum capacity of 512 GB because that is the largest drive that has been tested with the 7370. But users are successfully installing 1 TB drives." Do you think that is it recommendable to go with the 1TB even when it is not tested? I dont want to ruin the laptop haha. Thank u so much for your answer, it was so much helpfull for me to understand a little more of this laptop, that is not very popular in internet but i dont know why, because im loving it haha it looks like a little MacBook or a mini XPS but at so much affordable price point and with enough power for the average user (im using photoshop, illustrator and other graphic design/photo editing software without any issue).
0 Kudos
JOcean
5 Tungsten

1 TB will work fine.  Generally the systems are tested either before a certain drive has been released, or another newer system has been released with the larger drive available. No it will not ruin the laptop, as I stated in the previous post, Crucial, MrMemory, DriveSolutions,  etc. all test their SSDs in the systems that they certify as 100% compatible.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS Z170K i5 6600
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
0 Kudos