System BIOS: 1.8.0
Service Tag: zzzzzzzz
ePSA: Build 4306.13 UEFI ROM

Alert! You have attached an undersized 40W power adapter to your system,
which is less than the recommended 45W power adapter. To continue operating
at peak performance, your system may also draw power from the battery. The
battery charges only when the power provided by the adapter is greater than the
needs of your system. Use a Dell 45W (or greater) power adapter to enable
charging during peak system performance.

Note: This warning can be disabled in BIOS setup.

So what happen it I very slowly lose battery like 1% over a day or less. 

0 Kudos
LINN24
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron 13 (7373, at least) will definitely charge from

HI, Do you still charge your laptop through usb-c port ? Do you have any problems with your laptop ?
0 Kudos
LINN24
1 Copper

Hi @NaniLeHeck Do you still charge your laptop through usb-C port ? Do you have any problem with your laptop ?
0 Kudos
NaniLeHeck
1 Copper

Yes, I still charge it with USB C. Though not often because the USB C charger I have is a 45W from a Razer Stealth. Hence I use the supplied barrel charger, as my Inspiron charges slowly with the USB C charger. Though a notification says that it will charge normally if I use a 65W charger.

My laptop hasn't had any problems so far, and it's already been over a year so I see no problems with the USB C PD.

I heard Nekteck has good 65W USB C PD chargers.

0 Kudos
LINN24
1 Copper

Thank you so much !

@NaniLeHeck wrote:

Yes, I still charge it with USB C. Though not often because the USB C charger I have is a 45W from a Razer Stealth. Hence I use the supplied barrel charger, as my Inspiron charges slowly with the USB C charger. Though a notification says that it will charge normally if I use a 65W charger.

My laptop hasn't had any problems so far, and it's already been over a year so I see no problems with the USB C PD.

I heard Nekteck has good 65W USB C PD chargers.

0 Kudos
HHillsman1
1 Copper

Just received a Hyper-Juice power bank (an Indiegogo crowd funded project).  It has a 100W output and comes with a USB-C to USB-C cable.  Just tried it on my Inspiron i5759-8835SLV Dell laptop;  I can affirm that it works.

0 Kudos

Iv'e been using 45w USB-C Power Adapter (Model: MSH-PD45W) with my Dell Inspiron 7373 with no issues or alarms. Dell recognizes it, and display the time to full charge.

The adapter has two ports. A USB Type-C that I use to charge my laptop and a USB-A I use to charge my phone and tablet.

So it`s much better to carry than two OEM`s chargers.

I bought at Amazon for $23.99

I don't know why Dell doesn't put this information on the manual.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
h2ong
1 Copper

I can confirm that the usb c port charges for Inspiron 7573. I borrowed a friend's ThinkPad usb c charger and had no issues charging my Inspiron.

0 Kudos
Tony.01
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron 13 (7373, at least) will definitely charge from the USB-C port.

My Inspiron 7373 was charging via USB c port. I was using a Power Tech Plus Universal Type C Laptop Power Supply, ( voltage output was 5/9/15/20, Current 3 amps max and max output 60w). It was charging successfully whether I was operating it or not.  Then It started telling me the power supply was not approved or something like that. Now it won't charge via the USB c port under any circumstances. I have bought and tried a Kogan 26800mAh power bank Pro (102W) with PD and Quick Charge 3.0 offering up to 87w output and it still won't charge. It now refused to recognise a charge coming in on the same USB c port it used to charge with. I am thinking someone at Dell has changed something to prevent it charging that way and I am not happy. This model has the most pathetic battery imaginable.and any optin to charge should be available. I did look i the BIOS settings but nothing seems to make a difference there. Not happy.... Anybody have similar problem or any suggestions?

This is written about 20 minutes later.

Yeh! Hmmm... As you do, I'm trying everything I can think of. So I just tried the usbc to usbc cord supplied with the Kogan Power Bank and Lo... it is charging and charging quite quickly. Interesting because the cord I initially tried was the one for the PowerPLus charger and as I said it initially did work on the Power Plus. It is thinner than the one supplied by Kogan. Why didn't I do that in the first place? The Kogan cord was shorter and I didn't want to unwrap yet another cable. Now I have tried the PowerPlus charging the laptop using the heavier usbc to usbc cord supplied by with the Kogan Power Bank and again it is charging. What is strange is that I'm pretty sure the cord I've been using with the Power Plus charger hasn't changed. It was the only usbc to usbc cord I owned. So what did change. Anyway I am happy and have learnt something. I seems to have been a hardware issue, the cord, not settings or anything like that.
0 Kudos
jphughan
5 Rhenium

Re: Inspiron 13 (7373, at least) will definitely charge from the USB-C port.

Go into the BIOS Setup and select the Battery Information section. Under the battery graphic, the system will identify the wattage of the attached power source. That will be either the max wattage of the source itself or the max that the system will actually draw from it. What does it say?

0 Kudos