Start a Conversation

Unsolved

August 10th, 2023 23:37

Iv'e been using 45w USB-C Power Adapter (Model: MSH-PD45W) with my Dell Inspiron 7373 with no issues or alarms. Dell recognizes it, and display the time to full charge.

The adapter has two ports. A USB Type-C that I use to charge my laptop and a USB-A I use to charge my phone and tablet.

So it`s much better to carry than two OEM`s chargers.

I bought at Amazon for $23.99

I don't know why Dell doesn't put this information on the manual.

2 Posts

September 25th, 2019 14:00

I can confirm that the usb c port charges for Inspiron 7573. I borrowed a friend's ThinkPad usb c charger and had no issues charging my Inspiron.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

November 10th, 2019 16:00

Go into the BIOS Setup and select the Battery Information section. Under the battery graphic, the system will identify the wattage of the attached power source. That will be either the max wattage of the source itself or the max that the system will actually draw from it. What does it say?

1 Message

November 10th, 2019 16:00

My Inspiron 7373 was charging via USB c port. I was using a Power Tech Plus Universal Type C Laptop Power Supply, ( voltage output was 5/9/15/20, Current 3 amps max and max output 60w). It was charging successfully whether I was operating it or not.  Then It started telling me the power supply was not approved or something like that. Now it won't charge via the USB c port under any circumstances. I have bought and tried a Kogan 26800mAh power bank Pro (102W) with PD and Quick Charge 3.0 offering up to 87w output and it still won't charge. It now refused to recognise a charge coming in on the same USB c port it used to charge with. I am thinking someone at Dell has changed something to prevent it charging that way and I am not happy. This model has the most pathetic battery imaginable.and any optin to charge should be available. I did look i the BIOS settings but nothing seems to make a difference there. Not happy.... Anybody have similar problem or any suggestions?

This is written about 20 minutes later.

Yeh! Hmmm... As you do, I'm trying everything I can think of. So I just tried the usbc to usbc cord supplied with the Kogan Power Bank and Lo... it is charging and charging quite quickly. Interesting because the cord I initially tried was the one for the PowerPLus charger and as I said it initially did work on the Power Plus. It is thinner than the one supplied by Kogan. Why didn't I do that in the first place? The Kogan cord was shorter and I didn't want to unwrap yet another cable. Now I have tried the PowerPlus charging the laptop using the heavier usbc to usbc cord supplied by with the Kogan Power Bank and again it is charging. What is strange is that I'm pretty sure the cord I've been using with the Power Plus charger hasn't changed. It was the only usbc to usbc cord I owned. So what did change. Anyway I am happy and have learnt something. I seems to have been a hardware issue, the cord, not settings or anything like that.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

November 10th, 2019 17:00

If you’re referring to the WD15 dock and you have a 130W power supply connected to the dock, then the WD15 can send up to 90W to the attached system. That’s more than enough for a 13-inch Inspiron system.

1.5K Posts

November 10th, 2019 17:00

My 7386 definitely charges with my 130 watts Dell 15 dock Charges and runs without battery losing any charge.

No Events found!