Highlighted
freemanzhu
6 Indium

Inspiron 13 7373 unresponsive

Hi all - Have this weird issue on my Inspiron 13 7373 (2-in-1 with the 8th gen processor), it happens every so often but I can't figure out rhyme or reason. I have it set not to go to sleep or hibernate automatically, yet sometimes (maybe 20% of the time) when I leave it on and come back after some time, the computer will be entirely unresponsive. It does not respond to touching the screen, pressing the power button, moving the touchpad, hitting the keyboard, or using external keyboard/mouse. But simply unplugging the power and plugging it back in brings everything right back (immediately - so it's not like it hibernated). It's not exactly a huge issue, but still annoying. I've checked all the sleep/hibernate settings, nothing. Has anyone else experienced this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Inspiron 13 7373 unresponsive

Thank you for your message. How long have you been having this issue?  Did this start after any recent software changes like Windows update, software installation or BIOS change?

What is the version of BIOS installed?

What is the status of the power button when this happens?  Does the computer turn off if you press & hold down the power button for a few seconds?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Click here to find the service tag -  https://dell.to/2xXUCUW

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos