Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

1 Message

March 30th, 2019 16:00

Inspiron 14 5000 - Qualcomm wireless adapter issue

Hi there, just purchased Dell Inspiron 14 5000 (Inspiron 5481) with Win 10 Home. Every second or third boot, the wireless adapter disappears. Unable to connect to internet. Looking in network adapters menu reveals only Bluetooth capability. Windows native Troubleshoot indicates issue with the Qualcomm QCA9377 wifi adapter. Win 10 is updated to current version, machine is 64bit but unsure if you preloaded Win 10 Home 32 bit? Restarting a couple of times will generally resolve but is a suboptimal experience. Is there a patch for this issue?

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

March 31st, 2019 06:00

If the system is new I find it hard to believe a 32 bit OS was installed. But to check click on Start/Settings/System/About and the version of Windows will be shown. As far as WIFI is concerned it is possible that the 9377 is having problems. Restart the system and at the Dell splash screen start tapping F12. Run system diagnostics watching for any errors. Also if the performance is poor uninstall Smartbyte. And also disable it as it will auto reinstall.

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/How-can-I-block-SmartByte-on-my-laptop-7567/td-p/6109192

No Events found!