Doc B 488
1 Copper

Inspiron 15 5000 Right External Speaker quit

Hello,

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed the right speaker on my Inspiron 15 500 was "turning off" and I could get it to turn back on if I cranked the volume up and it would come back on but then would turn the volume down and it would quit again.

Now the right speaker doesn't put anything out at all, and when I change the balance in the settings to only the right speaker the computer recognizes something is playing but no sound comes from the right speaker.

I did a system check (PSA Test) where you can do a speaker test and the 6 tones only came from the left speaker. At this point, I'm assuming it is a hardware problem because I also uninstalled and re-installed the Realtek driver.

Has anyone else has this problem or does anyone know the best way to get this problem fixed. I am not sure if I have a warranty but just got this computer in August of 2018. It isn't huge issue but an annoying one considering this computer isn't even a year old yet.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Inspiron 15 5000 Right External Speaker quit

Doc B 488,

What is your specific model number of your system? Dell has many Inspiron 15  5000 series computers. Also, what is your system service tag?

Click the link below for troubleshooting speakers.

Speakers and Headphones

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

Re: Inspiron 15 5000 Right External Speaker quit

If the internal speakers work normally, have you considered a problem with the external speakers?  If you are actually referring to the internal speakers and not External ones, you need to change the title of the thread.

You have checked the system with a headset, right?

Do you get the Waves popup when you plug in the speakers?  If so, try selecting another version than what it currently shows or use the presets to create a special preset.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos