Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

January 12th, 2018 12:00

Inspiron 15-5552 - Error on Driver Intel Trusted Engine Interface and booting issues

Laptop Brand:DELL

Model: 15-5552

Description Issue:

The original Issue is when i turn on the laptop gave a 7 Beeps error codes, this mean a cache error in processor have a issue, bad processor according to dell.com

After replace processor SR29E Pentium N3700 (BGA), the Intel Trusted Execution Engine Interface have a error (10) yellow bang i update and downgrade all the bios version's and still the same also install all driver version of intel trusted and same error

Some times when i turn off the laptop and try to turn on again gave a no post, turn on the laptop but only the fan works no gives a video or no post i need to turn off again and remove the battery and some times remove the rtc batt and reinstall and turn on and the laptops wokrs fine but have the same issue again

Example: if i replace 10 BGA on 10 motherboards around 6 have the intel trusted issue on device manager and the booting issues

The issue only happends when i replace the BGA processor SR29E

If there some troubleshoot for this issue let me know: firmware, activate manufacture mode on, etc.

Dont know how to start

If there any have a solution let me know

Thank you for your support

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

March 14th, 2021 11:00

With 1170 solder points in such a small space, chances are one of the over one thousand connections isn't solid.  It's one reason why few will attempt to replace a BGA CPU.

It could equally well be that in the process of de-soldering micro-balls, the board traces underneath were damaged.

1 Message

March 14th, 2021 11:00

I had same issue in my laptop, and while searching on google i came to your post. If you are active and remember can you share how you solved this?

--

Hiya Jain - Amidst.

Podcast - Running out of Power

No Events found!