DsBc17
2 Bronze

Inspiron 15 5565 Windows 10 screen goes white

Screen goes white at various times.  I press Ctrl-Alt-Delete; then select Sign Out; then sign back in.  Everything works fine until the next time it goes white - which may be several times in the day or not at all.  Video driver card failing?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LSUFAN51
6 Gallium

Re: Inspiron 15 5565 Windows 10 screen goes white

emoticon.BigSmile.title

Please select Detect Drivers in the link below. The Dell tool will search for drivers (BIOS, Chipset and Video) and firmware for the system.

Support for Inspiron 15 5565 | Drivers & downloads | Dell US

0 Kudos
DsBc17
2 Bronze

Selected Detect Drivers from the site provided.  It stated there was a new BIOS driver that needed updated (from Aug 2017).  Downloaded (Insyde new System BIOS Image version: 1.1.1) and manually updated.

Do I just monitor (for screen going or not going white) for now?

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
6 Gallium

The latest BIOS update usually will fix the screen problem but yes, I would still keep an eye out to make sure there no more problem with the screen. You could run a custom test on the LCD screen by following the steps in link below. 

Dell Diagnostic Tests (Official Dell Tech Support) - YouTube

0 Kudos
DsBc17
2 Bronze

Thank you for your help!

DsBc17
2 Bronze

Screen went white twice on Sunday evening.  Didn't use much Monday or Tuesday evening very long and no problems.  Wednesday morning - has happened five times in less than two hours.

0 Kudos
DsBc17
2 Bronze

By the way - purchased 12/2016 - out of warranty by 30 days!!

0 Kudos