Highlighted
toke12
1 Nickel

Inspiron 15 5567 Fan making noise

Jump to solution

So I have this laptop since Sep 2017 and everything was working fine. For the last few days the fan starts to make noise. The laptop is not overheated and no much dust inside. I just updated to the latest BIOS few days ago

At first, the fan will start to make little noise like it get stuck on something or get loose after a period of time. Then, if I life it up in the air and move it around, the noise will get louder. Sometimes if I hit at the back of the laptop, it will be quiet, and sometimes when I put it back down to the table, it gets loud again. Also, it helps if I close the lid (puts in sleep mode) and move around a little bit, then re-open and run the laptop, the noise is gone. It come back occasionally.

I am not sure if this is hard disk noise or fan noise, but it looks like noise coming from the fan more. I have done cleaning dust and run diagnostics through Support Assists but the problem is still there. I should note that when I got this brand new laptop through mail from Dell, I got no Data CD, but the diagnostics through SupportAssists asked me to insert one.

Is there anyway to fix this problem ? It happens more often now. Thanks

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Inspiron 15 5567 Fan making noise

Jump to solution

If it is the fan and the noise is excessive then all you can do is replace it, if you have already thoroughly cleaned it. The bearings may be going out. Contact Dell Support if you are under Warranty.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Jump to solution

If it is the fan and the noise is excessive then all you can do is replace it, if you have already thoroughly cleaned it. The bearings may be going out. Contact Dell Support if you are under Warranty.

0 Kudos
Delta4N6
1 Copper

Jump to solution
That response is a JOKE. How can you not be aware of all the fans that were replaced under warranty with no success in fixing this issue which is a known, documented issue. DELL continues to fail at a remedy for this problem. Now, the queston is..... How do you REALLY fix the fan noise??
erikasong
1 Copper

Jump to solution

How did you solve this problem? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
lan1991008
1 Nickel

Jump to solution
Did you solve this problem? I got the same problem. My friend thought the fan works too long, I need replace it. But I want the ORIGINAL one.
0 Kudos
bigdiddyboy
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. I bought the laptop during August 2017 and now the fans have started to make noise.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you for your message. Have you observed any heating issues with the system?

What is the BIOS version installed?

Download & save the Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework driver (IDPTF) & BIOS from Support site & save to your desktop screen.

Open device manager – expand IDPTF – right click on the drivers & click on uninstall (check the box that says delete driver) do not restart the computer.

Install the IDPSF saved on your desktop followed by the BIOS (even if you have the latest version) & then reboot, observe your computer.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.       

How to locate the service tag

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos